Not feeling well? Check out these 35+ natural remedies for colds and flu that you can make with simple ingredients in your kitchen.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my affiliate disclosure.
Not feeling well? Or nursing a sick kid… or worse a husband with a man cold?
Check out these 35+ Natural Remedies for Colds and Flu. You can make these natural remedies with simple ingredients from your kitchen to boost your immune system, give natural relief for cold and flu symptoms, and help nourish your body to speed recovery.
35+ Natural Remedies for Colds and Flu
About the Ingredients
- Garlic is an amazing antiviral and can help with colds, flu and stomach flu.
- Honey is antibacterial and excellent in fighting infections. It’s excellent for colds, flu, cough and sore throats.
- Turmeric is high in antioxidants and helps to fight inflammation. It’s perfect for colds, congestion, headache and sore throats.
- Elderberries are high in vitamins A and C, and help to boost the body’s immune system.
- Ginger is high in vitamin C and magnesium, and excellent for colds, cough and congestion
- Lemons are loaded with vitamin C in the juice, and antioxidants in the rind. They are antibacterial and antiviral – which is great for colds and flu.
Natural Remedies for Colds
- Homemade Elderberry Cold and Flu Gummies
- Honey Lemon Ginger Elixir – Natural Cold Remedy
- How to Fight a Cold and Win
- Natural Flu and Cold Remedies
- Natural Remedies for the Common Cold
- Top 5 Tips to Recover from a Cold
- Cinnamon Honey Remedy for Colds
- How to Fight a Cold Naturally
- Fire Cider Health Tonic
Natural Remedies for the Flu and Stomach Flu
- Rehydrating Electrolyte Drink for Colds, Flu and Stomach Flu
- Homemade Electrolyte Popscicles
- Colds + Flu Fighting Formula
- Cold n’ Flu Tea Soother
- Honey Fermented Garlic – Natural Cold and Flu Remedy
- Cold & Flu Busting Elixir
Natural Remedies for Cough
- Instant Pot Elderberry Syrup
- Homemade Cough Drops and Cough Drop Lollipops
- Homemade Elderberry Syrup
- Stopping the Cough, Naturally
- Sage and Honey Cough Syrup
Natural Remedies for Immune Support
- How to Make Homemade Bone Broth
- Immune Boosting Foods to Keep Healthy this Season!
- Boost Your Immune System with Fire Cider Master Tonic
- Recovery Soup for Colds and Flu
- How to Make a Master Tonic
- Easy Immune Support Tincture
- Hot Garlic Ginger Lemonade
Natural Remedies for Sore Throat
Top Tips For Natural Cold And Flu Remedies
- You can make these natural remedies with simple ingredients from your kitchen.
- Stay hydrated. Water, juice, clear broth or warm lemon water with honey helps loosen congestion and prevents dehydration. Avoid alcohol, coffee and caffeinated sodas, which can make dehydration worse.
- Rest. Your body needs to heal.
- Add moisture to the air. A cool mist vaporizer or humidifier can add moisture to your home, which might help loosen congestion. Change the water daily, and clean the unit according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Don’t use steam, which hasn’t been shown to help and may cause burns.
What are your favorite natural remedies for cold and flu?
More Posts You Might Like
- 5 Health Benefits of Collagen Powder
- Dry Skin Brushing: Step-by-Step Tutorial and Why You Need It
- SteadyMD: Save Money, Better HealthCare, No Waiting Rooms
Photo credit: Bigstockphoto.com / BondDLegion, Seva_Blsv