Not feeling well? Or nursing a sick kid… or worse a husband with a man cold?
Check out these 35+ Natural Remedies for Colds and Flu. You can make these natural remedies with simple ingredients from your kitchen to boost your immune system, give natural relief for cold and flu symptoms, and help nourish your body to speed recovery.
35+ Natural Remedies for Colds and Flu
About the Ingredients
- Garlic is an amazing antiviral and can help with colds, flu and stomach flu.
- Honey is antibacterial and excellent in fighting infections. It’s excellent for colds, flu, cough and sore throats.
- Turmeric is high in antioxidants and helps to fight inflammation. It’s perfect for colds, congestion, headache and sore throats.
- Elderberries are high in vitamins A and C, and help to boost the body’s immune system.
- Ginger is high in vitamin C and magnesium, and excellent for colds, cough and congestion
- Lemons are loaded with vitamin C in the juice, and antioxidants in the rind. They are antibacterial and antiviral – which is great for colds and flu.
Check out the 12 best foods for colds and flu to get even more immune-boosting ingredients than can help.
Where to Get Kitchen Pantry Essentials
I get my other kitchen pantry supplies like sea salt, black pepper, spices, coconut oil, and other essentials either on Amazon or my local health food store usually. But then I got a Thrive membership. If you don’t already have one – it’s awesome! It’s like Whole Foods meets Costco. Bob’s Red Mill baking soda, for instance, is about $3 at my local health food store and $6 on Amazon. But it’s only $2.03 (YES!) on Thrive Market. Great deal right? And the raw honey?! Don’t even get me started how much that costs at the health food store. But on Thrive Market it’s just $5.45 for a 10.5 oz jar of raw honey.
Sign up for a Thrive Market membership and get an extra 20% off your first 3 orders!
Natural Remedies for Colds
Natural Remedies for the Flu and Stomach Flu
Natural Remedies for Cough
Natural Remedies for Immune Support
Natural Remedies for Fever
Natural Remedies for Sore Throat
What are your favorite natural remedies for cold and flu?
Photo credit: Bigstockphoto.com / Yastremska, Elena Veselova
Get a copy of my e-book 10 Beauty Hacks from Your Kitchen + my essential oils email course for FREE!
In my email course, you'll learn the basics of essential oils, how to use them, and easy DIY recipes you can make to save money!