These homemade Jasmine and Rose Bath Salts will transform an ordinary soak into a spa day at home. Made using just 4 ingredients they will leave you feeling relaxed and your skin beautifully nourished.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my affiliate disclosure.
Looking to escape the stresses of everyday life but without the expense of a spa day? Sprinkle a few cups of these homemade Jasmine and Rose Bath Salts into your next bath for some indulgent me-time without the harsh chemicals.
While it can be tempting to stock your cart with the latest bath and body products from the mall, those overpowering scents are often thanks to toxic chemicals. Skip the toxins by nourishing your skin with these homemade bath salts instead.
Not only are they super easy to make, but chances are, you already have the ingredients at home, so no trip to the store necessary.
DIY Jasmine and Rose Bath Salts
About the Ingredients
- Jasmine Essential Oil – When used in skincare, jasmine essential oil naturally soothes dry skin leaving it nourished and soft. Alongside its stress-reducing properties, it is known as an aphrodisiac and a great essential oil for romance, making these bath salts ideal for planning a date night in.
- Sweet Almond Oil – Sweet almond oil contains fatty acids which help skin retain moisture and stay hydrated. It also contains Vitamin E which soothes irritation, making sweet almond oil the perfect carrier oil for these Jasmine and Rose Bath Salts.
- Fractionated Coconut Oil – Alternatively, you can use fractionated coconut oil as the carrier oil. Unlike virgin coconut oil, it is easily absorbed by the skin and also maintains a longer shelf life. It too, contains nourishing fatty acids which your skin will thank you for.
- Epsom salt – Epsom salts will leave tired muscles feeling relaxed thanks to their magnesium content. This in turn, reduces stress and promotes a good night’s sleep. Perfect for a blissful bath before bed.
- Dried Rose Petals – These not only add a pop of color to your bath salts and a beautiful scent but have many benefits too. Dried rose petals contain vitamin C which help restore the skin’s natural radiance as well as soothe irritation. They can be purchased online or found in most whole food stores.
How to Make These DIY Jasmine and Rose Bath Salts
1. In a medium-sized glass mixing bowl, add Epsom salt and sweet almond oil (or another carrier oil such as fractionated coconut oil) and mix well. Do not use a plastic as the essential oils will absorb into the bowl.
2. Add Jasmine essential oil and mix again.
3. For a finishing touch add the dry rose petals. Then scoop your bath salts from the bowl in to an airtight glass container, ready to store, gift or use immediately.
How to Use These DIY Jasmine and Rose Bath Salts
Add bath salts to a warm bath and soak for at least 20 minutes to get the full benefit of the Epsom salts and the Jasmin essential oil. For the ultimate spa day at home, why not try this DIY body salt scrub or exfoliating facial scrub for glowing skin.
Make DIY Gifts for Family and Friends
Make a big batch of these Jasmine and Rose Bath Salts to give as gifts for the holidays, birthdays, new neighbors and even teacher gifts. It is also a perfect DIY gift for Mother’s Day.
Simply purchase 12 pint-sized Mason jars with a wide mouth and fill each one with these Jasmine and Rose Bath Salts. Tie with a cute ribbon or gift tag and Voila! 12 DIY gifts made in less than 30 minutes (and on a budget!)
How to Get Started with Essential Oils
- Sign up for my FREE essential oil email course in order to learn the basics.
- Check out my FREE masterclass all about essential oils and this beginner’s guide to essential oils.
- Get my essential oils online course – complete with video tutorials, e-book and everything you need to get started with essential oils.
- Find out how to buy essential oils at a huge discount + get an additional 10% off your first order with my coupon code. It’s the best deal around and a great way to get started with essential oils. Plus lots of freebies just for you.
More DIY Recipes You Might Like
Homemade Jasmine and Rose Bath Salts
- Add Jasmine essential oil and mix again.
- For a finishing touch, if using add the dry rose petals. Then scoop your bath salts from the bowl to airtight glass container, ready to store, gift or use immediately.
- To use, add 1 cup of bath salts to a bath. Soak for at least 20 minutes.
Check out my book Natural Beauty Made Simple. It comes with 45 homemade skincare recipes with a set of printable labels and gift tags. You can download it instantly to your phone, computer or e-reader, so it’s portable and can go with you anywhere!
- Make your own organic beauty and skin care products for less than $25 a month!
- Learn simple techniques to make your own skincare – without the fuss of complicated recipes or hard-to-find ingredients
- Get tried-and-true recipes that work to nourish the skin and make it look more radiant than ever before
- Create beautiful gifts for friends and family with the printable labels and gift tags I’ve included with this book