It doesn’t matter what time of year – winter, spring, summer, fall… I always make this Instant Pot Taco Soup. It’s like a simplified version of a chili recipe but with just a bit more broth to make it to the soup category. 😉 What I love about cooking soups and pretty much all my meals in the Instant Pot is that I can literally throw some ingredients together, push a few buttons, and then have dinner on the table in 30-45 minutes (but without me slaving over the stove the whole time). I’m usually reading or chasing my kids around while dinner is cooking on its own.
Before I share the recipe… let’s talk about the Instant Pot. It’s a 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Cooker – including a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, saute/browning, yogurt maker, steamer and warmer. Plus, it has a stainless steel cooking pot and steam rack – LOVE that!
If you’re just getting started with the Instant Pot, check out my quick start guide Top 10 Instant Pot Tips and Tricks You Need to Know.
Where to Get Kitchen Pantry Essentials
I get my other kitchen pantry supplies like sea salt, black pepper, spices, gluten-free flour, and other essentials either on Amazon or my local health food store usually. But then I got a Thrive membership. If you don’t already have one – it’s awesome! It’s like Whole Foods meets Costco. Bob’s Red Mill baking soda, for instance, is about $3 at my local health food store and $6 on Amazon. But it’s only $2.03 (YES!) on Thrive Market. Great deal right? And the raw honey?! Don’t even get me started how much that costs at the health food store. But on Thrive Market it’s just $5.45 for a 10.5 oz jar of raw honey.
Sign up for a Thrive Market membership and get an extra 20% off your first 3 orders!
Instant Pot Taco Soup
Ready to make a hearty taco soup in the Instant Pot? First, get your ground beef, spices, chopped onions and garlic ready.
Brown the meat with onions, garlic and avocado oil (or your cooking oil of choice) using the sauté feature on the Instant Pot. Add the spices, broth, and tomatoes and set to manual high pressure for 20 minutes. Do a Quick Steam release and then add the beans and corn, and stir around.
Serve up the Instant Pot Taco Soup with your favorite garnish – try avocados, cheese, sour cream, green onions and cilantro.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or ghee
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups chicken or beef broth or stock
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp white pepper (optional)
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 15 oz can black beans, drained
- 1 cup frozen or canned corn, drained (optional)
- Avocados, diced
- Sour cream
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cilantro, garnish
- Green onions, garnish
- Turn on the Saute button on the Instant Pot, and add oil/ghee, green bell pepper, onion, garlic, and spices (chili powder, cumin, oregano, paprika, salt, and pepper). Saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add ground beef, and cook through until brown.
- Turn off Saute function. Add broth or stock, diced tomatoes, black beans, and corn. Put lid on and close pressure value. Select the Manual button and select “=/-“ button to 20 minutes.
- When Instant Pot beeps, open the pressure value and let it depressurize.
- Open the lid and stir well. Scoop out using a ladle into a bowl. Garnish with avocados, cheese, sour cream, and green onions.
The actual cook time is 20 minutes in the Instant Pot but it takes about 12-15 minutes to come to pressure to start cooking.
More Instant Pot Meals
Get a copy of my e-book 10 Beauty Hacks from Your Kitchen + my essential oils email course for FREE!
In my email course, you'll learn the basics of essential oils, how to use them, and easy DIY recipes you can make to save money!