Make this simple, yet hearty Instant Pot Minestrone Soup recipe in less than 20 minutes. It’s the ultimate weekday night meal for busy families, packed with beans, pasta, vegetables, and cooked in a savory tomato base. It’s gluten-free and there’s an option to make it vegan, too.
Sometimes I crave soup. When it’s cold outside, and I want something warm and comforting… yep, it’s soup season. The only problem is that usually when I’m craving soup, I lack the desire to slave in the kitchen to make it. That’s why I LOVE this simple Instant Pot Minestrone Soup. It’s one of my favorite recipes and has been featured in Parents Magazine online.
Have you cooked with an Instant Pot yet? It’s an electric pressure cooker, but easy to use. Much easier than a conventional pressure cooker, which I was always scared to use.
Instant Pot Recipes Made Simple
With this book, you’ll get:
- Tried-and-true recipes the whole family will love – including pot roast, spaghetti, tacos, carnitas, soups, and easy breakfast meals
- Instant Pot starter guide on how to use the buttons, tips and tricks, and more
- Printable shopping lists for ingredients
- Step-by-step video lesson on how to use your Instant Pot, pressure cooker safety, and some of my favorite tips and tricks
- Two-week meal plan that you can put into action for no-stress weeknight dinners
Ingredients for Minestrone Soup in an Instant Pot
- Lard or olive oil, whichever your preference
- Healthy vegetables, like celery, onion, carrots, and garlic
- Dried herbs, such as basil and oregano
- San Marzano crushed tomatoes, make sure to look for the certified label. The San Marzano tomatoes are a bit sweeter in flavor.
- Bone broth or vegetable broth, whichever you have on hand.
- Fresh Spinach or Kale, for that fresh, leafy green flavor!
- Bay Leaf, fresh or dried
- Gluten-Free Elbow or Shell Pasta, I like the quinoa version, but use your favorite!
- Freshly Cooked White Cannelini Beans, you could opt for a can of white cannellini beans if you don’t have them pre-soaked and cooked on hand.
- Grated Parmesan Cheese and Pesto, to top off the minestrone soup recipe at the very end! Omit for vegan option.
How to Make this Minestrone Soup
- Saute the vegetables in the Instant Pot and add the tomatoes and bone broth.
- Set to HIGH pressure in the Instant Pot, and you’ve got soup on the table in about 20 minutes.
The actual cook time is just 5 minutes but it takes about 12 minutes to get to pressure. That’s way better than anything you’d get in a soup can!
How to set your Instant Pot to HIGH pressure
Press the “Manual” or “Pressure” cook button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as HIGH. If it does not, press the “Pressure Level” button until it shows HIGH. Then, continue to set the cooking time by using the +/- buttons. Once the time is set, let the pressure cooker do its work!
Can you make this healthy minestrone recipe on the stovetop?
- In a large pot, saute the veggies and garlic for a few minutes.
- Add the broth, spices, and tomatoes and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Then, add the pasta and cook for another 10 minutes, or until the pasta is tender.
- Finally, add the beans and spinach or kale and cook until wilted.
Can you freeze this Minestrone Soup recipe?
How do you eat this Instant Pot Minestrone Soup?
More Instant Pot Soup Recipes You Might Like:
- Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Instant Pot Taco Soup
- 50+ Instant Pot Soup and Stew Recipes
- Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
Did you try this Instant Pot Minestrone Soup? Don’t forget to rate the recipe and comment below to let me know how it went. You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest to see what other fun things I’m up to.
Make this simple, yet hearty Instant Pot Minestrone Soup recipe in less than 20 minutes. It's the ultimate weekday night meal for busy families, packed with beans, pasta, vegetables, and cooked in a savory tomato base. It’s gluten-free and there’s an option to make it vegan, too.
- 2 tbsp lard or olive oil
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 large carrot diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 28 oz San Marzano crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups bone broth or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach or kale without the rib torn into shreds
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup gluten-free elbow pasta or shell pasta
- 15 oz can or about 2 cups freshly cooked, drained white or cannellini beans
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese omit for vegan option
- 1-2 tbsp fresh pesto optional, omit for vegan option
- Set Instant Pot to saute mode. Add olive oil, onion, carrot, celery and garlic. Mix until softened.
- Add basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- If canned tomatoes are still whole, pulse tomatoes and liquid in can in a food processor or blender for a few seconds to dice tomatoes.
- Add tomatoes, bone broth, spinach or kale, bay leaf, and pasta. Close lid and set to manual high pressure (HP) for 6 minutes. It will take about 8 minutes for the Instant Pot to reach high pressure, then it will cook for 6 minutes.
When timer goes off, let sit for 1-2 minutes. Then set to quick release to vent steam.
Remove lid and add white cannellini beans.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with parmesan cheese and a dollop of pesto.
Substitute the white cannellini beans for kidney or Great Northern beans, which are smaller in size.
FREE real food guide
Eat healthier in just 7 days with my real food guide and email course. You'll learn how easy it is to go gluten-free and still enjoy the foods that you love.