Make the switch to all-natural cleaners with this round-up of my favorite DIY cleaning recipes. Learn how to make your own cleaners with these 10 DIY recipes – including foaming hand soap, bleach alternative, air freshener and more!
Forget about cleaning your home with store-bought cleaners. They’re filled with chemicals and toxic ingredients. Even the “all-natural” cleaners have preservatives and often cost twice as much as conventional store-bought cleaners. Read more about the toxic chemicals in household cleaners.
Instead make your own homemade cleaners for less than a dollar AND use natural ingredients you probably already have around your home. And the best part? You probably have most of the ingredients in your pantry.
Ingredients to Make Your Own Cleaners
- Baking soda is a natural deodorizer. It helps to neutralize odors and leaves a fresh, clean scent.
- Essential oils provides a refreshing scent, which is great for kitchens and bathrooms.and help to boost the degreasing and shine factor. Citrus oils like lemon and orange are very effective for cleaning.
- Liquid castile soap is a coconut-based soap that is non-toxic and non-irritating. It’s the natural cleaning agent in many of these DIY cleaning recipes that’s mild, yet super effective.
- Rubbing alcohol cleans streak-free and sanitizes surfaces.
- Vodka is a fantastic natural disinfectant and sanitizer. It’s also a natural deodorizer so you can spray fabrics and carpets too. You don’t need expensive vodka (save that for the cocktails). Get the cheap vodka to use for cleaning.
- White vinegar helps to break down dirt and grime – especially those fingerprints and smudges. It also helps to clean without streaks.
- Witch hazel is a great alternative for rubbing alcohol. It sanitizes surfaces, but doesn’t have a strong scent like rubbing alcohol.
Did you make these 10 DIY Natural Cleaning Recipes? Don’t forget to rate them and comment below to let me know how it went. You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest to see what other fun things I’m getting up to.
How to Make Your Own Cleaners – 10 DIY Recipes
1. DIY Natural Household Cleaner – use this for everything from kitchen countertops to bathroom sinks.
2. Homemade Soft Scrub Cleaner – for tubs, tiles, sinks and grout.
3. DIY Natural Bleach Alternative – to clean surfaces and whiten laundry.
4. Homemade Foaming Hand Soap – to clean hands naturally without harsh chemicals.
5. DIY Laundry Detergent – make for pennies compared to store-bought detergent.
6. DIY Reusable Cleaning Wipes – to clean countertops and other surfaces.
7. Homemade Toilet Bomb Fizzies – to clean toilets without a lot of elbow grease.
8. Homemade Air Freshener – to help neutralize odors.
9. DIY Natural Disinfectant – this cleaner helps to disinfect germs and sanitize surfaces.
10. DIY Carpet Cleaner – to deodorize and freshen carpets naturally.
FREE DIY Beauty Book
Get glowing skin and learn how to make your own DIY beauty products with simple ingredients from your kitchen. Plus, get my 7-day essential oils course to get gorgeous skin from the inside out.