Do you love Eggnog, but not all the artificial ingredients in store-bought, pre-made mixes? Or have you tried making your own but had to use condensed milk filled with artificial flavors?
Now you can make your own Eggnog using real-food ingredients such as pastured eggs, whole milk and raw honey.
How to Make Eggnog
This recipe is courtesy of Our Nourishing Roots and makes 4 servings.
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups cream
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg, preferably freshly ground
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp ground allspice
- 4 tbsp raw honey or maple syrup
- pinch of sea salt
- 4 oz. of bourbon (1 oz. per drink)
- 4 oz. of cognac (1 oz. per drink)
1. Place all non-alcoholic ingredients in a blender and blend on medium high until completely combined. (You can also whisk all ingredients in a bowl until completely mixed – like the photo below.) Pour into four glasses.
Use fresh ground nutmeg if possible. It makes this Eggnog super delicious.
2. Pour the liquor into each glass, and stir with a swizzle stick or wooden skewer to combine.
3. Garnish with another sprinkling of fresh nutmeg, and a cinnamon stick for stirring.
FREE DIY Beauty Book
Get glowing skin and learn how to make your own DIY beauty products with simple ingredients from your kitchen. Plus, get my 7-day essential oils course to get gorgeous skin from the inside out.