Do you love Eggnog, but not all the artificial ingredients in store-bought, pre-made mixes? Or have you tried making your own but had to use condensed milk filled with artificial flavors?
Now you can make your own Eggnog using real-food ingredients such as pastured eggs, whole milk and raw honey.
How to Make Eggnog
This recipe is courtesy of Our Nourishing Roots and makes 4 servings.
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups cream
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg, preferably freshly ground
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp ground allspice
- 4 tbsp raw honey or maple syrup
- pinch of sea salt
- 4 oz. of bourbon (1 oz. per drink)
- 4 oz. of cognac (1 oz. per drink)
1. Place all non-alcoholic ingredients in a blender and blend on medium high until completely combined. (You can also whisk all ingredients in a bowl until completely mixed – like the photo below.) Pour into four glasses.
Use fresh ground nutmeg if possible. It makes this Eggnog super delicious.
2. Pour the liquor into each glass, and stir with a swizzle stick or wooden skewer to combine.
Get a copy of my e-book 10 Beauty Hacks from Your Kitchen + my essential oils email course for FREE!
In my email course, you'll learn the basics of essential oils, how to use them, and easy DIY recipes you can make to save money!