I’ve been reading some new cookbooks lately and found a fantastic gluten-free, grain-free cookbook that’s all about breads. And not just breads – but also muffins, cookies, cakes tortillas and even donuts. It’s called the Gluten-Free & Grain-Free Breads, Batters & Doughs by Halle Cottis of Whole Lifestyle Nutrition.
And here’s one I was excited to try… the Grain Free Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins Recipe. Yum!
This isn’t any ordinary chocolate chip muffin recipe. This one is both gluten free and grain free PLUS it’s made with pumpkin spice – giving it a delicious fall flavor.
My kids went nuts over these muffins. They begged for more and I discovered them just in time to take to my oldest son’s school birthday celebration. I love that this recipe is just a few ingredients and free of artificial ingredients.
Variations – Things You Can Add To These Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins;
- White chocolate chips
- Orange zest
- Dried cranberries
- Dried apricots
Where to Get Kitchen Pantry Essentials
Did you try these grain free chocolate chip mini muffins? Don’t forget to rate the recipe and comment below to let me know how it went. You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest to see what other fun things I’m getting up to.
- 1 cup blanched almond butter or make your own with this recipe
- 2 medium bananas smashed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp organic whole cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp organic pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup mini gluten-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Place all ingredients except the chocolate chips into a blender or food processor.
- Blend until well mixed.
- Stir in chocolate chips. You can add more to the top before baking for more of a chocolatey flavor.
- Pour batter into a greased muffin tin filling about 2/3 of the way full. You can also use a mini muffin tin to make 24 mini muffins.
- Cook for 17-20 minutes for full size muffins and 12-14 minutes for mini muffins.
- Allow the muffins to completely cool before serving. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Want to Learn More?
Gluten Free & Grain Free Breads, Batters & Doughs is filled with baking tutorials and tips to help you convert your favorite recipes to become gluten and grain free. It even includes a detailed section on measuring techniques and how to convert recipes for gluten and grain free cooking and baking.
And then the recipes… oh, the recipes look AMAZING! Here are just a few of my favorites…
Blueberry Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
Chocolate Dipped Donuts
Gluten Free & Grain Free Breads, Batters & Doughs includes recipes for:
- Pancakes, crepes and waffles
- Biscuits, biscottis and scones
- Quick doughs – homemade pastas, pie crust doughnuts, tortillas, pizza crust and more
- Desserts – cookies, tarts, brownies, cakes and more
But it now
Gluten Free & Grain Free Breads, Batters & Doughs is on sale now for just $19.95 (regularly $24.95). Don’t miss out on this sale. You can even download a sample chapter.
FREE real food guide
Eat healthier in just 7 days with my real food guide and email course. You'll learn how easy it is to go gluten-free and still enjoy the foods that you love.