Grain free? Don’t give up your pizza. Try this grain free pizza recipe made with herbs and cheese. It’s so delicious and easy, there’s no need to miss out on pizza night!
When you’re on a Paleo diet, pizza and bread are probably the two biggest foods you miss most. I cheat since I’m technically not on Paleo, but my husband has to adhere to it for health reasons. He was so desperate for good ‘ole pizza, but we never found a great dough recipe… until now.
If you haven’t picked up the book The Joy of Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free Baking by Peter Reinhart and Denene Wallace – you really need it. This cookbook is full of delicious recipes that are perfect for those on gluten-free and Paleo diets.
This recipe is from the book, but we made a few modifications to suit our tastes. We eliminated the eggs from the original recipe since my husband is allergic to it.
Also, the original called for 1 cup of sunflower seed flour (just blend sunflower seeds to a powder) and 1/2 cup of almond flour – but we found that mixture to be too strong in sunflower. We reversed the measurement and liked the results better.
Adjust baking time accordingly. You can even make these pizza crusts ahead of time and save them in the freezer for a quick pizza meal later. And for those on a stricter Paleo, I bet Parmesan would work really well with this.
Grain Free Pizza Toppings – Ideas
- Mozzarella or any good melting cheese
- roasted bell peppers
- sun dried tomatoes
- meats such as leftover chicken
- broccoli, zucchini, mushrooms
Where to Get Kitchen Pantry Essentials
Did you try this Grain Free Pizza Recipe? Don’t forget to rate the recipe and comment below to let me know how it went. You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest to see what other fun things I’m getting up to.
A delicious and easy recipe for a grain free pizza, there's no need to miss out on pizza night if you're gluten free.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup water or chicken stock
- 2 egg whites optional – original recipe calls for it but we omitted it
Pre-heat oven to 325°F (162°C).
- Combine all dry ingrediens in a bowl. Add cheese.
- Combine all wet ingredients in large bowl and whisk until blended well.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir for a few minutes until the dough is thick.
- Once the dough is ready, put it in the pizza pan and start pressing it out evenly to fit the pan. You might need a little olive oil on your fingers to keep the dough from sticking to you. Make sure there are no air pockets in the dough.
- Bake for 15-20 min or until slightly brown at the edges.
- You can then top with tomato sauce or olive oil and add your favorite toppings. Bake for an additional 6-8 min.
FREE real food guide
Eat healthier in just 7 days with my real food guide and email course. You'll learn how easy it is to go gluten-free and still enjoy the foods that you love.