These grain free and gluten free chocolate peppermint cookies are great year-round – particularly during the holidays, Delicious!
Need a quick and easy grain-free holiday cookie recipe? Check out this Grain Free Chocolate Cookie Recipe with Peppermint. These cookies are also Paleo, refined sugar free and can easily be made vegan (just swap out the egg for a vegan egg replacer).
I used to love the Peppermint Joe-Joe’s at Trader Joe’s (like peppermint Oreos but without as much of the junk). But since going gluten-free we haven’t found anything in store. So we made our own gluten free chocolate cookie recipe with candy cane bits and WOW! They are yummy. My kids loved eating these and requested we leave these out for Santa on Christmas Eve.
Now I tried a batch with whole cane sugar and it came out well too, but I will say the honey gave it a deeper, molasses-like flavor and the texture was a bit chewier. These cookies are pure bliss and make a wonderful DIY food gift for family and friends – just pack them in wide-mouth Mason glass jars for a rustic look.
Where to Get Kitchen Pantry Essentials
I get my kitchen pantry supplies like sea salt, black pepper, spices, coconut oil, and other essentials either on Amazon or my local health food store.
p.s. Looking for tips to transition to a real food or healthy gluten-free lifestyle? Check out my free Real Food Guide email course and e-book.
More Cookie Recipes You Might Like
- Paleo Sugar Cookies
- Gluten-Free Lemon Cookies
- Gluten-Free Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies
- Paleo Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Did you try these Peppermint Cookies? Don’t forget to rate the recipe and comment below to let me know how it went. You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest to see what other fun things I’m getting up to.
- 1 cup organic creamy almond butter salted or unsalted wqorks
- 1/2 cup raw or organic honey or coconut sugar
- 1 pastured or organic egg or replacer such as Ener-G
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp all-natural peppermint candy crushed
Pre-heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease cookie sheet with butter or parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Form tablespoon-sized balls and pat down to about 1/4-inch thickness. Lay out on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 min. Let cool and enjoy.
Photo credit: Bigstockphoto.com / Elena Veselova
FREE real food guide
Eat healthier in just 7 days with my real food guide and email course. You'll learn how easy it is to go gluten-free and still enjoy the foods that you love.