Got leftover lemons? Forget the lemonade, make these Gluten-Free Lemon Cookies. They’re delicious with a cup of tea or milk. Make them for holiday cookies, summertime, Easter cookies, etc.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my affiliate disclosure.
My kids love lemons. They put it in their water and use it to give their fresh-cut apples a bit of zest. One day they asked me to make Gluten-Free Lemon Cookies and after a few trials we came up with this yummy gluten-free recipe. They are so delicious and refreshing when you want something a little sweet.
Why Gluten-Free Lemon Cookies?
These lemon cookies are great when you want a light, sweet cookie that’s refreshing and easy to make. We like to enjoy these gluten-free cookies with a cup of tea or milk. They’re great for springtime holiday cookies too – like Easter or spring break – but we enjoy them during the summer too when we’ve got fresh lemons coming in.
How to Make Gluten-Free Lemon Cookies
This cookie dough recipe is a cinch to make. It’s a basic dough recipe but I prefer to use raw honey over sugar. You can definitely use granulated sugar – use about the same amount as you would the honey so 1/2 cup of sugar. Add more as needed.
Now you can use just the lemon juice and zest alone. But I always have lemon vitality essential oil on hand (vitality means it can be used for cooking) and it’s so much more flavorful with it and I like it better than a lemon extract. Just remember if you decide to use an extract you’ll need to adjust it – likely about 1/2 tsp in this recipe.
Gluten Free Lemon Cookies
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Combine flour and baking powder in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Mix butter and raw honey using an electric mixer to make a creamy texture.
- Add egg, vanilla, lemon juice, essential oil and milk to butter and sugar mixture.
- Combine flour mixture with butter and honey mixture.
- Form small quarter-sized balls of dough. Place on a baking or cookie sheet about 3 inches apart, and flatten slightly with a fork.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Garnish with lemon zest.
Check out my new book, Gluten-Free, Real Food Recipes for Kids. I wrote this book with YOU in mind. Parents who want to provide kids with wholesome meals without artificial colors, preservatives and other additives. All the recipes are gluten-free – with many options for grain free or Paleo, dairy free, egg free and vegetarian.
What’s Included In This Book
It’s filled with 130+ pages of content and recipes, including:
- Real food nutrition 101
- Detailed information on how to properly soak and sprout nuts, beans, grains and seeds
- A guide on how to spot chemical additives and what to avoid
- Kitchen essentials and cooking tools
- Tips on how to get kids to become better eaters and help in the kitchen
- 70+ gluten-free recipes – such as snacks and appetizers, beverages, condiments and dressings, main meals, desserts and more
More Recipes You Might Like
- Paleo Sugar Cookies
- Paleo Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Low-Carb Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting