Got leftover lemons? Forget the lemonade, make these Gluten Free Lemon Cookies. They are refreshing and delicious. Plus my kids love them.
My kids love lemons. They put it in their water and use it to give their fresh-cut apples a bit of zest. One day they asked me to make gluten free lemon cookies and after a few trials we came up with this yummy gluten-free recipe. We used lemon juice the first time and the cookies had a faint lemon taste – more like an essence. We tried an organic lemon extract the second time around and the lemon flavor was stronger. Try it and tell me how you like it.
Where to Get Kitchen Pantry Essentials
I get my kitchen pantry supplies like sea salt, black pepper, spices, coconut oil, and other essentials either on Amazon or my local health food store.
p.s. Looking for tips to transition to a real food or healthy gluten-free lifestyle? Check out my free Real Food Guide email course and e-book.
More Cookie Recipes You Might Like;
- Paleo sugar cookies
- Grain free chocolate peppermint cookies
- Paleo oatmeal raisin cookies
- Gluten free ice cream sandwich cookies
Did you try these Gluten Free Lemon Cookies? Don’t forget to rate the recipe and comment below to let me know how it went. You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest to see what other fun things I’m getting up to.
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 6 tbsp raw or organic butter
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1 pastured or organic egg
- 1/2 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp raw or organic milk
- 3 tbsp fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 6-10 drops Lemon Vitality essential oil (how to order), to taste
- Lemon zest optional
Pre-heat oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Combine flour and baking powder in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Mix butter and raw honey using an electric mixer to make a creamy texture.
- Add egg, vanilla, lemon juice, essential oil and milk to butter and sugar mixture.
- Combine flour mixture with butter and honey mixture.
- Form small quarter-sized balls of dough. Place on a baking or cookie sheet about 3 inches apart, and flatten slightly with a fork.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Garnish with lemon zest.
Equipment & Tools
Photo credit: Bigstockphotos.com / agcreations
FREE real food guide
Eat healthier in just 7 days with my real food guide and email course. You'll learn how easy it is to go gluten-free and still enjoy the foods that you love.