Enjoy these Gluten Free Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies any time of year with this easy to follow recipe that you can make ahead of time. Try it today!
These Gluten Free Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies are perfect on a warm summer day. Or let’s face it, these delicious treats are perfect to enjoy any time of year – even in winter (as long as you’re snuggled someplace warm).
These gluten free ice cream cookies are so much fun to make and even more fun to fill. Choose your favorite ice cream flavors and then fill.
Tip: why not try adding a little caramel sauce on the cookies before adding ice cream or you could half dip the cookies in white chocolate because why not!?
With organic and natural ingredients, this gluten free ice cream sandwich cookie recipe is sugar free (there are options to use sugar if you like) and include healthy coconut oil and pasture-raised eggs. These cookies are easy to make ahead and enjoy anytime.
Where to Get Kitchen Pantry Essentials
I get my kitchen pantry supplies like sea salt, black pepper, spices, coconut oil, and other essentials either on Amazon or my local health food store usually.
p.s. Looking for tips to transition to a real food or healthy gluten-free lifestyle? Check out my free Real Food Guide email course and e-book.
More Desserts You Might Like;
- Paleo sugar cookies
- Grain free chocolate peppermint cookies
- Paleo oatmeal raisin cookies
- Gluten free ice cream sandwich cookies
Did you try these Gluten Free Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies? Don’t forget to rate the recipe and comment below to let me know how it went. You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest to see what other fun things I’m getting up to.
Enjoy these Gluten Free Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies anytime of the year, they're delicious, easy and can be made ahead of time.
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten free flour
- 2/3 cup organic cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup organic coconut sugar or organic sucanat or organic brown sugar
- 1/4 cup organic raw honey or organic cane sugar
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3 tbsp organic butter melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup organic extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 large pasture-raised or organic eggs
- 2 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cup organic or natural ice cream
Pre-heat oven to 325°F/190°Cs.
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Add remaining ingredients until dough is well mixed.
- Divide the dough into 2 portions. Place on parchment paper, and roll into to 1/4 inch thickness. Place in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Remove dough from freezer. Cut into large circles using a 3-inch round cookie cutter or cup.
- Place cut-outs 1 inch apart on baking sheets.
- Bake 8 minutes total. Rotate pans once while baking.
- When done, let cool in the pan for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- When cookies are cooled down, scoop about 1/4 cup ice cream in the middle of a cookie. Flatten ice cream and then top with another cookie. Gently press together. Serve immediately or store in freezer to enjoy anytime.
Equipment and Tools
FREE real food guide
Eat healthier in just 7 days with my real food guide and email course. You'll learn how easy it is to go gluten-free and still enjoy the foods that you love.