These Gluten Free Egg Burritos are a favorite in my house.. My kids absolutely love them, and my 6 year old normally hates eggs. These gluten-free egg burritos are simple, yet packed of flavor. It’s all in the onions and salt. For an adult version, add sautéed tomatoes, mushrooms, yellow or red peppers or even bacon (make it fast with this tutorial on how to cook bacon in 20 minutes), and then serve with fresh salsa and cilantro.
The secret to egg burritos is the gluten-free flour tortillas. I make these from scratch and keep them in my refrigerator to use as needed. Serve them with a Magnesium Boosting Smoothie (with a delicious tropical and berry blend) or fresh-brewed kombucha.
Where to Get Kitchen Pantry Essentials
I get my other kitchen pantry supplies like sea salt, black pepper, spices, coconut oil, and other essentials either on Amazon or my local health food store usually. But then I got a Thrive membership. If you don’t already have one – it’s awesome! It’s like Whole Foods meets Costco. Bob’s Red Mill baking soda, for instance, is about $3 at my local health food store and $6 on Amazon. But it’s only $2.03 (YES!) on Thrive Market. Great deal right? And the raw honey?! Don’t even get me started how much that costs at the health food store. But on Thrive Market it’s just $5.45 for a 10.5 oz jar of raw honey.
Sign up for a Thrive Market membership and get an extra 20% off your first 3 orders!
Gluten Free Egg Burritos
- 1-2 tbsp pastured or organic butter (or lard)
- 4 pasture-raised or organic eggs
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup raw or organic cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 organic onion, diced
- 4 gluten-free flour tortillas
- Salt to taste
- Celtic salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
Equipment & Tools
- Melt butter on medium heat in a cast iron pan.
- Add onions and cook until lightly browned.
- Add eggs, cheese and salt. Cook until done and remove from heat.
- Warm up flour tortillas directly on the burner of a gas stove or use a cast iron skillet. Set aside.
- Split egg mixture into 1/4 portions. Assemble burritos by putting 1/4 egg mixture into each tortilla and wrap up.
- Sometimes I put the wrapped burrito back in pan on low heat just to get the tortilla edges a little crispy.
FREE DIY Beauty Book
Get glowing skin and learn how to make your own DIY beauty products with simple ingredients from your kitchen. Plus, get my 7-day essential oils course to get gorgeous skin from the inside out.