These Gluten-Free Cheddar Biscuits are so easy to make and will be gone in minutes. Use this as a biscuit base and swap the cheese and herbs for your own creations. It’s delicious as a savory snack or side dish to your favorite soup, stews and chili.
These Cheddar Biscuits are a great alternative to regular flour biscuits, and you won’t miss the gluten! They’re crunchy, and soft, and really delicious. You’ll be so glad you made these, and the Gluten Free Bisquick makes it so easy! It’s got all the ingredients in the mix, so you only have to measure out the correct amount, and all the other stuff is already added! You’re going to love this recipe, and you can serve these with dinner, or salads, or whatever you choose. Keep this one in your favorites!
How to Make These Gluten-Free Cheddar Biscuits – Step by Step
1. In a large bowl mix the dry ingredients then add the butter into the dry ingredients (like you would for a pie crust) until it forms pea size particles.
2. In another bowl, add the half-and-half, cheddar cheese, chives (optional) and 2 eggs, then mix well until the eggs are light and fluffy and well mixed in.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and mix well until dough forms a ball. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, and drop the biscuits (about a tablespoon amount) onto the parchment paper. Bake at 425 for 8 to 10 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown.
4. While biscuits are baking, melt butter with the coarse ground garlic salt, and stir well, and set aside.
5. When biscuits are done baking, remove from oven and brush garlic butter on tops of biscuits. Garnish tops with additional shredded cheese and chopped chives. Makes 10-12 biscuits.
What to Serve with These Biscuits
These biscuits could be a standalone snack. Or you could serve it as a savory side dish with this Instant Pot Beef Chili, Instant Pot White Chicken Chili, Instant Pot Tomato Soup, or Instant Pot Minestrone. It would work well with pretty much any hearty chili, soup, or stew or even as a side dish with Whole Roast Chicken.
I even like to serve a side of honey and butter with these biscuits for a little extra sweet and buttery flavor.
Can You Omit the Cheese?
Yes, you can omit the cheese and these biscuits will still be delicious. Use this as a gluten-free biscuit base that you can customize.
Can You Use Different Cheese?
Yes, you can easily swap out a different cheese. Here are some ideas:
- Pepper jack
Can You Omit the Chives?
You can also omit the chives and use your favorite spices like rosemary, Italian seasoning (that would pair well with Parmesan cheese), or even sage.
- A great way to measure the flour is the spoon & level method. Scoop the flour into the measuring cup using a spoon, then use the back of a knife to level off the measuring cup.
- Swap in different cheeses if you like.
- Feel free to leave out the chives, or you can add in some chopped jalapenos for a spicy kick.
- You can freeze these biscuits. Just flash freeze them – unbaked – on a baking sheet lined with parchment, then place them in a freezer bag. You can bake from frozen.
More Recipes You Might Like
Gluten-Free Cheddar Biscuits
- Mixing bowls
- Parchment paper
- Baking sheet
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt course-ground
- In a large bowl, add the baking mix, sugar, garlic powder, and butter, and cut butter into the dry ingredients (just like you would for pie crust) until it forms pea size particles.
- In another bowl, add the half-and-half, cheddar cheese, chives, and eggs, and mix well until the eggs are light and fluffy and well mixed in.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and mix well until dough forms a ball. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, and drop the biscuits (about a tablespoon amount) onto the parchment paper. Bake at 425 for 8 to 10 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown.
- While biscuits are baking, melt the 1/2 cup of butter with the coarse ground garlic salt, and stir well, and set aside.
- When biscuits are done baking, remove from oven and brush garlic butter on tops of biscuits. Garnish tops with additional shredded cheese and chopped chives.
Instant Pot Recipes Made Simple
With this book, you’ll get:
- Tried-and-true recipes the whole family will love – including pot roast, spaghetti, tacos, carnitas, soups, and easy breakfast meals
- Instant Pot starter guide on how to use the buttons, tips and tricks, and more
- Printable shopping lists for ingredients
- Step-by-step video lesson on how to use your Instant Pot, pressure cooker safety, and some of my favorite tips and tricks
- Two-week meal plan that you can put into action for no-stress weeknight dinners