It’s apple season here in San Diego. We have bountiful orchards just about an hour away in the rustic town of Julian. My kids love picking red and green apples straight from the tree and eating them.
With so many apples in our pantry, we find ways to use them in everything – from applesauce (which we then can and preserve) to bread and pastries.
This Gluten Free Apple Bread is a modification of my Gluten Free Banana Bread
You’ll want to make at least 2 batches at a time because I guarantee your family will gobble up this gluten free apple bread. It’s so yummy – we eat it for breakfast, snack and I’ll often pack in my kids’ school lunches.
Where to Get Kitchen Pantry Essentials
I get my other kitchen pantry supplies like sea salt, black pepper, spices, coconut oil, and other essentials either on Amazon or my local health food store usually. But then I got a Thrive membership. If you don’t already have one – it’s awesome! It’s like Whole Foods meets Costco. Bob’s Red Mill baking soda, for instance, is about $3 at my local health food store and $6 on Amazon. But it’s only $2.03 (YES!) on Thrive Market. Great deal right? And the raw honey?! Don’t even get me started how much that costs at the health food store. But on Thrive Market it’s just $5.45 for a 10.5 oz jar of raw honey.
Sign up for a Thrive Market membership and get an extra 20% off your first 3 orders!
- 2 cups of all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 eggs or equivalent egg replacer (I use Ener-G)
- 1 cup organic coconut sugar (organic sucanat or raw organic sugar also work)
- 2 cups organic apples, diced (either red or green will work)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp unfiltered raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup filtered water
- 1/2 cup organic expeller-expressed coconut oil
- 1 tsp organic cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Beat eggs together and then add to the dry ingredients.
- Add all other wet ingredients and mix until sticky. Don’t over mix.
- Bake in cast iron for 60-70 min (bake at 60 min in 2 mini pans or 70 min in a regular loaf pan).
Want More Recipes?
Check out my new book, Gluten-Free, Real Food Recipes for Kids. I wrote this book with YOU in mind. Parents who want to provide kids with wholesome meals without artificial colors, preservatives and other additives. All the recipes are gluten-free – with many options for grain free or Paleo, dairy free, egg free and vegetarian.
What’s Included In This Book
It’s filled with 130+ pages of content and recipes, including:
- Real food nutrition 101
- Detailed information on how to properly soak and sprout nuts, beans, grains and seeds
- A guide on how to spot chemical additives and what to avoid
- Kitchen essentials and cooking tools
- Tips on how to get kids to become better eaters and help in the kitchen
- 70+ gluten-free recipes – such as snacks and appetizers, beverages, condiments and dressings, main meals, desserts and more
Get a copy of my e-book 10 Beauty Hacks from Your Kitchen + my essential oils email course for FREE!
In my email course, you'll learn the basics of essential oils, how to use them, and easy DIY recipes you can make to save money!