This Almond Butter Banana Protein Smoothie is so easy to make when you’re busy or on the go. It’s packed with protein to keep you feeling satisfied and nutrients to help you power through a busy day. It’s great for kids too. Enjoy it as a meal replacement for breakfast, snack or any time of the day.
Something sweet or something healthy? Most of us have wrestled with that decision over what to eat. Well, now you can enjoy both AND feel satiated so you’re not left feeling hungry. This Almond Butter Banana Protein Smoothie is simply delicious. It’s made with a few simple ingredients, such almond butter, banana and cocoa powder.
How To Make This Smoothie
No fuss, no muss, just add everything into the blender and blend until it’s smooth. Adjust the amount of liquid to change the thickness to your liking.
What’s great about this recipe is that you can made modifications to make it vegan or Paleo by simply replacing the cow’s milk with almond milk or coconut milk. It’s naturally grain free and gluten free too.
Another option is to add 1/4 cup of oats to this recipe to serve as a meal replacement. This Almond Butter Banana Protein Smoothie is great as a morning breakfast, mid-morning snack, after school snack or even an evening sweet treat.
Tips for Making This Protein Smoothie
- Put a banana in the freezer in advance, frozen bananas are great for smoothies they keep them cold, creamy and thick.
- Swap the dairy milk for any non-dairy milk to make this smoothie.
- Pour this smoothie into popsicle molds or push-up pop molds for a healthy treat for kids.
More Recipes You Might Like
- 10 Delicious Uses For Almond Butter
- How to Make Homemade Almond Milk the Easy Way
- Peanut Butter Protein Bites
This Almond Butter Banana Protein Smoothie is so easy to make when you're busy or on the go. It's packed with protein to keep you feeling satisfied and nutrients to help you power through a busy day. It's great for kids too. Enjoy it as a meal replacement for breakfast, snack or any time of the day.
- 3/4 cup of raw or organic milk (option to swap with almond milk or coconut milk)
- 1-2 tbsp organic almond butter
- 1 tsp organic cocoa powder (optional)
- 1/4 cup gluten-free oats (optional – add if you want a meal replacement smoothie and add up to 1/4 extra milk)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 scoop Pure Protein Complete – Vanilla Spice (optional or 1/4 cup gluten-free oats)
- 1 tsp gluten-free chocolate chips (optional)
Blend all ingredients. Add a bit more filtered water to thin out smoothie if it’s initially too thick.
Pour into a tall glass.
Garnish with chocolate chips.
Want More Recipes?
Check out my new book, Gluten-Free, Real Food Recipes for Kids.
I wrote this book with YOU in mind. Parents who want to provide kids with wholesome meals without artificial colors, preservatives and other additives.
All the recipes are gluten-free – with many options for grain free or Paleo, dairy free, egg free and vegetarian.
What’s Included In This Book
It’s filled with 130+ pages of content and recipes, including:
- Real food nutrition 101
- Detailed information on how to properly soak and sprout nuts, beans, grains and seeds
- A guide on how to spot chemical additives and what to avoid
- Kitchen essentials and cooking tools
- Tips on how to get kids to become better eaters and help in the kitchen
- 70+ gluten-free recipes – such as snacks and appetizers, beverages, condiments and dressings, main meals, desserts and more
Photo credit: Bigstockphoto.com / Jeny.lk
FREE real food guide
Eat healthier in just 7 days with my real food guide and email course. You'll learn how easy it is to go gluten-free and still enjoy the foods that you love.