Something sweet or something healthy? Most of us have wrestled with that decision over what to eat. Well, now you can enjoy both AND feel satiated so you’re not left feeling hungry. This Almond Butter Banana Smoothie is simply delicious. It’s made with a few simple ingredients, such almond butter, banana and cocoa powder.
And what’s great about this recipe is that you can made modifications to make it vegan or Paleo by simply replacing the cow’s milk with almond milk or coconut milk. It’s naturally grain free and gluten free too. Another option is to add 1/4 cup of oats or 1 scoop of Pure Protein Complete – Vanilla Spice (how to order) to this recipe to serve as a meal replacement. This Almond Butter Banana Smoothie is great as a morning breakfast, mid-morning snack, after school snack or even an evening sweet treat.
Where to Get Kitchen Pantry Essentials
I get my other kitchen pantry supplies like sea salt, black pepper, spices, coconut oil, and other essentials either on Amazon or my local health food store usually. But then I got a Thrive membership. If you don’t already have one – it’s awesome! It’s like Whole Foods meets Costco. Bob’s Red Mill
baking soda, for instance, is about $3 at my local health food store and $6 on Amazon. But it’s only $2.03 (YES!) on Thrive Market. Great deal right? And the raw honey?! Don’t even get me started how much that costs at the health food store. But on Thrive Market it’s just $5.45 for a 10.5 oz jar of raw honey.
Sign up for a Thrive Market membership and get an extra 20% off your first 3 orders!
- 3/4 cup of raw or organic milk (option to swap with almond milk or coconut milk)
- 1-2 tbsp creamy, organic almond butter
- 1 tsp organic cocoa powder (optional)
- 1/4 cup gluten-free oats (optional – add if you want a meal replacement smoothie and add up to 1/4 extra milk)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 scoop Pure Protein Complete - Vanilla Spice (optional) or 1/4 cup gluten-free oats
- 1 tsp gluten-free chocolate chips (optional)
- Blend all ingredients. Add a bit more filtered water to thin out smoothie if it’s initially too thick.
- Pour into a tall glass.
- Garnish with chocolate chips.
Photo credit: Bigstockphotos.com / Elena Veselova
Get a copy of my e-book 10 Beauty Hacks from Your Kitchen + my essential oils email course for FREE!
In my email course, you'll learn the basics of essential oils, how to use them, and easy DIY recipes you can make to save money!