Looking for an easy cocktail recipe? Try this simple Red Sangria recipe made with real food ingredients + essential oils. It’s delicious for any occasion.
I visited Barcelona, Spain back in 2000, and one thing that stood out to me was the amazing red sangrias. I had never really had them before, and when I had my first I was hooked.
At the time, I was backpacking around Europe with my husband (we weren’t married yet). I remember eating paella and other tapas late at night – the locals typically ate dinner at 10 pm at night (kids too!) and enjoying red wine sangrias.
We loved it so much that we kept making our own versions throughout that European trip. We’d go into the local markets and buy up wine and fresh fruit. It was so much fun.
Fun, Food & Red Sangria
One other thing that stuck out about that trip was that food (and wine) was simple. We’d snack on olives, bread with olive oil, Spanish tortillas (totally different from what we eat here in the States – it’s more like an egg/potato omelette), chorizo (sausage), and calamari. Yet, the flavors were amazing. Pair that with a glass of yummy red sangria – and you’re set for the night.
Tips For Making A Red Sangria Recipe
So lately I’ve been making this Easy Red Sangria recipe for friends when they come over. I’m sticking with the simple ingredients – while adding my own twist, such as raw honey as the sweetener and essential oils to boost the flavor. I’ve got another delicious Coconut Lime Mojito recipe if you’re looking for another cocktail idea with essential oils.
p.s. Looking for tips to use essential oils in cooking, baking, smoothies, desserts and more? Check out my FREE email course: In the Kitchen with Essential Oils.
Did you try this Red WIne Sangria Recipe? Don’t forget to rate the recipe and comment below to let me know how it went. You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest to see what other fun things I’m getting up to.
- 3 bottles of red wine such as cabernet, merlot or pinot noir or try some Spanish red wine like Tempranillo
- 1 cup fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1 cup fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1/2 cup brandy or rum
- 2 apples green or red, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 oranges cut into 1-inch round slices
- 1 lemon cut into 1-inch round slices
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1 cup NingXia Zyng where to buy or seltzer water
- 1 pint strawberries for garnish
- 5 drops Orange essential oil where to buy
- 5 drops Grapefruit essential oil where to buy
- 3 drops Lemon or Citrus Fresh essential oil where to buy
- Mix the wine, honey and brandy in a large pitcher. Stir until honey is dissolved.
- Add fruit and let refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Ideally, let sit overnight.
- Just before serving add essential oils and NingXia Zyng or seltzer water.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries.
Photo credit: DepositPhotos.com / karandaev
FREE real food guide
Eat healthier in just 7 days with my real food guide and email course. You'll learn how easy it is to go gluten-free and still enjoy the foods that you love.