I don’t know about you, but my family spends a lot of time in the sun. We love to play outdoors and hit the beach when the water is warm in San Diego (which pretty much means all year round).
We make our own homemade sunscreen to avoid the nasty chemicals in conventional ones at the store. In fact, sometimes I just use plain, organic coconut oil for a light SPF for some natural sun protection.
And when we’ve spent all day outdoors or in the sun, I like to use this DIY Sun Relief Spray. It’s great for both kids and adults – and you can make it with simple, natural ingredients from your kitchen.
How to Make This DIY Sun Relief Spray
This DIY After Sun Relief Spray is so easy to make. It will literally take you a few minutes to make once you have all the ingredients ready. Let’s go over the ingredients and why they work so well…
About the Ingredients
- Apple cider vinegar helps to soothe skin that’s been in the sun a bit too long.
- Coconut oil provides a natural barrier to lock in moisture, and helps the Lavender oil spread easier on the skin.
- Aloe vera gel provides soothing relief after sun exposure.
- Lavender essential oil has a relaxing, calming scent and helps to nourish the skin.
After a full day outdoors or in the sun, try this DIY Sun Relief Spray to soothe skin. Make it with simple ingredients you already have in your kitchen.
Fill a spray bottle with apple cider vinegar and spray on skin as needed after the sun. Be sure to keep out of eyes and ears.
Let vinegar sit on skin for 5-10 minutes.
Mix Lavender essential oil, carrier oil, and aloe vera gel, and apply to the skin after skin has dried from apple cider vinegar.
Let Lavender oil sit on skin for a few minutes. Dress in loose clothing and drink plenty of water.
Repeat steps 1-4 the whole process again as needed to help soothe skin.
DIY Beauty Recipes Book
Check out my book Natural Beauty Made Simple. It comes with 45 homemade skincare recipes with a set of printable labels and gift tags. You can download it instantly to your phone, computer or e-reader, so it’s portable and can go with you anywhere!
With this book, you’ll learn how to:
- Make your own organic beauty and skin care products for less than $25 a month!
- Learn simple techniques to make your own skincare – without the fuss of complicated recipes or hard-to-find ingredients
- Get tried-and-true recipes that work to nourish the skin and make it look more radiant than ever before
- Create beautiful gifts for friends and family with the printable labels and gift tags I’ve included with this book
More DIY Recipes You Might Like
Photo credit: DepositPhotos.com / pkirillov
FREE DIY Beauty Book
Get glowing skin and learn how to make your own DIY beauty products with simple ingredients from your kitchen. Plus, get my 7-day essential oils course to get gorgeous skin from the inside out.