I don’t know about you, but my family spends a lot of time in the sun. We love to play outdoors and hit the beach when the water is warm in San Diego (which pretty much means all year round).
We make our own homemade sunscreen to avoid the nasty chemicals in conventional ones at the store. In fact, sometimes I just use plain, organic coconut oil for a light SPF for some natural sun protection.
And when we’ve spent all day outdoors or in the sun, I like to use this DIY Sun Relief Spray. It’s great for both kids and adults – and you can make it with simple, natural ingredients from your kitchen.
DIY Sun Relief Spray
About the Ingredients
Apple cider vinegar helps to soothe skin that’s been in the sun a bit too long.
Coconut oil provides a natural barrier to lock in moisture, and helps the Lavender oil spread easier on the skin.
Aloe vera gel provides soothing relief after sun exposure.
Lavender essential oil has a relaxing, calming scent and helps to nourish the skin.
- 1/2 to 1 cup of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- Spray bottle
- 5 drops Lavender essential oil (where to buy)
- 1 tsp organic coconut oil (or your favorite carrier oil)
- 1 tsp aloe vera gel
- Fill a spray bottle with apple cider vinegar and spray on skin as needed after the sun. Be sure to keep out of eyes and ears.
- Let vinegar sit on skin for 5-10 minutes.
- Mix Lavender essential oil, carrier oil, and aloe vera gel, and apply to the skin after skin has dried from apple cider vinegar.
- Let Lavender oil sit on skin for a few minutes. Dress in loose clothing and drink plenty of water.
- Repeat steps 1-4 the whole process again as needed to help soothe skin.
Photo credit: DepositPhotos.com / pkirillov
FREE DIY Beauty Book
Get glowing skin and learn how to make your own DIY beauty products with simple ingredients from your kitchen. Plus, get my 7-day essential oils course to get gorgeous skin from the inside out.