This DIY pumpkin seed oil face serum can work wonders on all skin types because it’s packed with nutrients to nourish skin. In particular, it can help aging skin, dry skin, acne-prone skin.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my affiliate disclosure.
Before you add yet another lotion or potion to your bathroom cabinet, consider taking a look at the ingredients. Too often we spend money on “solutions” that are causing our skin more harm. Not only that, our cabinets are crammed with chemicals when it’s surprisingly easy to simplify our beauty routines with natural, homemade skincare.
This DIY pumpkin seed oil face serum is the perfect example of one versatile solution that does the job of many. Not only will this help declutter your bathroom, but it will free your skin of toxins and help nourish it will numerous benefits.
Pumpkin seed oil is an ideal ingredient for a natural face serum as it is packed with nutrition for the skin. This includes Vitamin E, Omega 3s & 6s as well as Zinc and Vitamin A. These help make this DIY Face serum beneficial for all skin types from sensitive to acne prone skin.
Benefits of Pumpkin Seed Oil Face Serum
Thanks to this DIY Pumpkin seed oil face serum, your skin will absorb so many benefits, including:
- Anti-aging properties – Thanks to Vitamin A that encourages cell renewal and Zinc which helps maintain collagen levels.
- Rescues dry skin – Expect nourished and hydrated skin thanks to fatty acids including Omega 3 and 6.
- Clear complexion – Vitamin E helps to reduce blemishes and scarring and Vitamin C for collagen production
- Helps fight acne – Linoleic acid (also known as omega-6) is a natural exfoliant found in pumpkin seed oil that helps with acne.
About The Ingredients
- Pumpkin seed oil – As the carrier oil in this face serum, it not only boasts many benefits for your skin but plays an important role in helping the essential oils absorb so you can maximize their benefits too.
- Rosehip seed oil – Another carrier oil that showcases many benefits for the face. It’s perfect for this pumpkin seed oil facial serum as it soaks into the skin quickly and won’t leave an oily residue. Although kind to all skin types, thanks to the high fatty acid content it is particularly great for those with dry or mature skin.
- Frankincense essential oil – A powerful essential oil to add to your skincare routine and one of my favorite essential oils for clear skin. Not only can it help to soothe and calm skin but it also supports an even skin tone and texture.
- Lavender essential oil – Thanks to its antiseptic properties, Lavender essential oil has many uses. It helps to naturally reduce redness as well as clean the skin without stripping its natural oils – perfect for blemish prone skin.
How to Make this DIY Pumpkin Oil Facial Serum Step by Step
This DIY Pumpkin seed oil facial serum takes just minutes to make and can be customized with different carrier oils or essential oils depending on your skin needs.
1. Start by adding the essential oils to a 2 oz glass dropper bottle.
2. Add pumpkin seed oil to the bottle.
3. Screw the dropper top on and shake well to combine.
4. Store your DIY pumpkin face serum in a cool, dry spot.
How to Use this DIY Facial Serum
As this DIY pumpkin seed oil face serum won’t leave a heavy residue, it is the perfect facial serum for day or night. You can apply it twice a day after you cleanse the skin, or for super thirsty skin apply it more liberally at night.
If you’re switching to a natural skincare routine, I recommend starting with this DIY Face Wash, followed by a DIY Facial Toner, and finishing with this moisturizing face serum.
Avoid rubbing the oil onto your face, as this will pull the skin which can prevent proper absorption. For best results, warm around 4-6 drops between your hands before pressing them gently on your face. This will maximize absorption, there for benefits of this homemade pumpkin oil face serum.
Can You Use Other Carrier Oils?
While I prefer pumpkin seed oil as the carrier oil as it’s so versatile, you can substitute it. A few of my favorite carrier oils for beauty and skincare include argan oil, almond oil, avocado oil, jojoba oil and apricot seed oil. As each one offers different benefits and appeals to different skin types, you may want to experiment with combinations depending on your skin health and the season.
You can also play around with different essential oils. Lavender and Frankincense are two of the best essential oils for skincare as they offer benefits for all skin types. Other essential oils you may consider adding include: Tea Tree (clarifying), Patchouli (anti-aging) or lemon (exfoliating.) Whatever essential oils you add, make sure the total does not exceed 25-30 drops to your 2oz bottle.
- Feel free to experiment with different oils and carrier oils as your skin changes throughout the year.
- Store your DIY pumpkin seed facial serum in a glass bottle as plastic may deteriorate and contaminate the product over time.
- Naturally the essential oils and carrier oils may separate so shake well before use.
- Depending on your skin type, you can use anywhere between four and six drops of oil, once or twice per day. If your skin is drier, feel free to use more.
- I estimate this 2 oz bottle should last around 12 weeks, depending how much and often you use it.
How to Get Started with Essential Oils
- Sign up for my FREE essential oil email course in order to learn the basics.
- Check out my FREE masterclass all about essential oils and this beginner’s guide to essential oils.
- Get my essential oils online course – complete with video tutorials, e-book and everything you need to get started with essential oils.
- Find out how to buy essential oils at wholesale, and get a starter kit for 60% off retail prices. It’s the best deal around and a great way to get started with essential oils. Plus lots of freebies just for you.
More DIY Beauty Recipes You Might Like
- Argan Oil Hair Serum
- DIY Eyelash Growth Serum
- DIY Exfoliating Facial Scrub for Glowing Skin
- 10 Homemade Natural Skin Care Recipes
Did you try this DIY pumpkin seed face serum serum? Don’t forget to rate the recipe and comment below to let me know how it went. You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest to see what other fun things I’m getting up to.
Check out my book Natural Beauty Made Simple. It comes with 45 homemade skincare recipes with a set of printable labels and gift tags. You can download it instantly to your phone, computer or e-reader, so it’s portable and can go with you anywhere!
- Make your own organic beauty and skin care products for less than $25 a month!
- Learn simple techniques to make your own skincare – without the fuss of complicated recipes or hard-to-find ingredients
- Get tried-and-true recipes that work to nourish the skin and make it look more radiant than ever before
- Create beautiful gifts for friends and family with the printable labels and gift tags I’ve included with this book
Take a peek at what’s inside Natural Beauty Made Simple.
DIY Pumpkin Seed Oil Face Serum
- 2 oz Glass Dropper Bottle
- Start by adding the essential oils to a 2 Oz glass dropper bottle.
- Add pumpkin seed oil to the bottle
- Screw the dropper top on and shake well to combine.
- Store your DIY pumpkin face serum in a cool, dry spot.