Check out these easy DIY Gifts for Men! You can make them with simple ingredients from your pantry and bathroom cabinet, such as shave gel, aftershave spray, beard oil and more. Perfect for birthdays, Christmas and Father’s Day.
Need a gift for Father’s Day, a birthday, holiday gift, or any special day for the men in your life? Forget the neckties and socks… and get them something they will get hooked on and likely would never make for themselves. Yep, I’m talking DIY gifts for men – specifically homemade skincare and personal care products for guys.
Store Bought vs. DIY Gifts for Men
Okay, wait… skincare for men? Yes! They need to take care of their hair and skin too. But rather than buy store-bought products that are loaded with toxic chemicals, such as parabens, sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS), synthetic fragrances and preservatives, you can make DIY skincare that’s made with all-natural ingredients.
And the best part is you can customize the scents with masculine scents that are woodsy, earthy and grounding. My favorite essential oils to use for these recipes are pine, black spruce, blue spruce, lavender, cedarwood, orange, ylang ylang and cypress (where to buy essential oils). Just trust me… ylang ylang (floral) and blue spruce (pine) together smell amazing, and it’ll put him in the mood for some romance. Check out my blog post Essential Oils for the Bedroom.
Easy DIY Gifts for Men
You can easily make these DIY skincare gifts for men with simple ingredients, such as essential oils, coconut oil, shea butter, aloe vera gel, etc. I’ll give you directions on how to make each gift below. You can then add ribbon or raffia, gift tags, and other accessories to put them together as an all-natural men’s skincare gift set.
These gifts make great gifts for the office, stocking stuffers, Christmas gifts for men, gifts for the man cave, and for that special guy in your life.
1. DIY Shave Gel
It’s so easy to make your own DIY Shave Gel. In fact, after the first time, you’ll see that it takes just a couple of minutes with just a few ingredients: aloe vera gel, fractionated coconut oil, vegetable glycerin, and vitamin E oil.
2. DIY Aftershave Spray
It’s a piece of cake to make this DIY Aftershave Spray. The basic recipe is just 4 ingredients – aloe vera gel, witch hazel, vegetable glycerin, and water and literally takes about a minute to put together. It’s like a skin toner that helps to nourish and protect the skin after shaving.
3. DIY Beard Oil
This DIY Beard Oil is so easy to make and helps to nourish the skin (and helps to prevent the itchiness from growing a beard) and keep facial hair healthy and strong. Find out how to make it with just a few ingredients and for a lot less than those expensive beard maintenance kits.
4. DIY Beard Salve
This DIY Beard Balm helps to nourish the skin and can be used to style beards like a beard pomade (and keep stray hairs in check). It’s so easy to make (just a few ingredients) and so much cheaper than buying those beard balms from the store.
5. Lotion Bars
These DIY Lotion Bars make fantastic gifts for the men in your life. Instead of fussing with a bottle of lotion, your man can keep their skin moisturized with these homemade lotion bars. Put them in a tin container so they can take it on the go.
6. DIY Lip Balm
This is an all-time favorite for men (and boys) of all ages. It’s so easy to make – just coconut oil, beeswax, and essential oils. One batch can make 8-10 tubes of DIY Lip Balm to share and give out as gifts – like the guys in the office, sports coaches, guy teachers, etc.
Wrapping DIY Gifts for Men
Add an extra special final touch to your gifts with some bespoke wrapping. From using old calendar paper to leather string, check out these semi manly and super lovely wrapping ideas.
Top Tips For These DIY Gifts For Men
- These are so simple, you can make a few and create a lovely gift basket.
- When filling bottles you can use a mini funnel, makes things a lot easier!
- If making the lotion bars, find a little tin to place them in, so they can be used on the go.
- If you want to dish out a few gifts, like to male colleagues etc. the lip balm is perfect to batch make!
How to Get Started with Essential Oils
- Sign up for my FREE essential oil email course in order to learn the basics.
- Check out my FREE online masterclass all about essential oils and this beginner’s guide to essential oils.
- Get my essential oils online course – complete with video tutorials, e-book and everything you need to get started with essential oils.
- Find out how to buy essential oils at wholesale, and get a starter kit for 60% off retail prices. It’s the best deal around and a great way to get started with essential oils. Plus lots of freebies just for you!
More DIY Tutorials You Might Like
- DIY Poo Pourri: After You Poo Spray
- 10 DIY Mother’s Day Gift Ideas with Essential Oils
- DIY Coconut Brown Sugar Scrub
- 100+ DIY Beauty + Skin Care Recipes
Check out my book Natural Beauty Made Simple. It comes with 45 homemade skincare recipes with a set of printable labels and gift tags. You can download it instantly to your phone, computer or e-reader, so it’s portable and can go with you anywhere!
With this book, you’ll learn how to:
- Make your own organic beauty and skin care products for less than $25 a month!
- Learn simple techniques to make your own skincare – without the fuss of complicated recipes or hard-to-find ingredients
- Get tried-and-true recipes that work to nourish the skin and make it look more radiant than ever before
- Create beautiful gifts for friends and family with the printable labels and gift tags I’ve included with this book
FREE DIY Beauty Book
Get glowing skin and learn how to make your own DIY beauty products with simple ingredients from your kitchen. Plus, get my 7-day essential oils course to get gorgeous skin from the inside out.