These DIY Bath Bomb fizzies are like bath bombs but so much easier to make. Keep a jar in the bathroom for that spa day at home experience any time.
After a long day, one of the easiest ways to relax is a comforting bubble bath. However, store bought bath products can be filling your tub with nasty toxins while emptying your pocket.
By making these homemade bath bomb fizzies not only are you in control of the ingredients, but you’re saving money in the process. Now that is a reason to relax.
What are Bath Bomb Fizzies?
Also known as bath crumbles, they are a pampering powder that bubble and fizz when added to water. This is because of the two main ingredients – citric acid and baking soda. When they are added to water, bubbles are formed making the perfect relaxing bath soak. Think bath bombs but without the spherical shape so they are easier to make and store.
Homemade Bath Bomb Fizzies Vs. Store Bought
Alongside saving money and your skin from nasty chemicals, homemade bath fizzies are better for your bathtub. It’s no secret our favorite bath bomb stores entice us in with vibrant colors and an overwhelming fragrance. However, with color and smells that strong there’s sure to be synthetics involved, and who wants to bathe in that?
Avoid staining your tub and nourish your skin naturally thanks to these bath bomb fizzies. Best of all, they take just minutes to make which beats queuing in a busy store any day.
Customize Your Bath Bomb Fizzies
Once you realize how simple these bath bomb fizzies are to make, you will want to experiment with different essential oil combinations. Whether you want to improve your sleep or enjoy a romantic soak, experiment with essential oil combinations that help set the mood.
For an extra relaxing soak in the bath, lavender essential oil always works well. Adding dried lavender buds also provide a pop of color as well as a soothing scent.
In addition to Lavender here are my favorite essential oils that are great for calming and relaxing at the end of a long day… the perfect time you want to use these bath crumbles.
Essential Oils for Calming
There are so many essential oils that work well for calming and relaxing. These are just some of my favorites:
- Lavender – for promoting relaxation and sleep
- Cedarwood – for relaxation, sleep and focus
- Frankincense – for mood support, emotional grounding
- Black Spruce – for emotional grounding
- Roman Chamomile – for relaxation and sleep
- Peace & Calming (oil blend made with Ylang Ylang, Orange, Tangerine, Patchouli and Blue Tansy) – for relaxation and chilling out
- Valor (oil blend made with Black Spruce, Blue Tansy, Camphor Wood, Geranium and Frankincense) – for emotional grounding, confidence, feeling at ease
- Tranquil (oil blend made with Lavender, Cedarwood, Roman Chamomile) – for relaxation, it’s like a liquid chill pill, sleep
How to Make Homemade Bath Bomb Fizzies – Step By Step
Now slowly add the almond oil and essential oils and stir using a metal spoon to break up any clumps. Don’t panic if you notice a little fizzing as this is expected. However, to avoid too much fizzing make sure to add the wet ingredients a little at a time, stirring as you do so.
Once all ingredients are combined, spoon into an airtight jar and store in a cool, dry place. These bath bomb fizzies are best stored at room temperature, so somewhere like under the bathroom sink is perfect.
How to Use in the Bath
Simply add ½ to 1 cup of bath bomb fizzies to a warm bath and enjoy it like a bath bomb. Soak in the bath for at least 20 minutes to get the benefits of the epsom salt (which have magnesium) and the calming scent of the essential oils.
No bath? No problem. Instead, they can be used for a relaxing foot bath, just add ¼ to ½ cup to warm water and soak your feet.
How to Store These Bath Fizzies
Make sure to add your bath bomb fizzies to a jar that is thoroughly dried. Any moisture in the jar will cause the mixture to clump or stick to the jar. Store the jar in a cool, dry place at room temperature, like under the bathroom sink.
The Perfect Handmade Gift
These DIY bath fizzies also make the perfect homemade gift. Simply pour into a Mason glass jar or a jar of your choice, and tie a ribbon and gift tag round the jar lid for that special someone. You can also pour into a cellophane bag and use raffia or a ribbon to tie it with a gift tag. Personalize with different essential oils and dried flowers depending on your recipient.
Top Tips for These Bath Fizzies
- Make sure to slowly add the dry and wet ingredients together and don’t dump the entire wet ingredients in or it will activate the citric acid.
- If your mixture is too dry, add a tsp of almond oil, as needed.
- Add dried organic flowers for color, scent and to make the bath fizzies look gorgeous.
- Store in an airtight container under the bathroom sink or a cool, dry spot.
- Use some clear cellophane and recycled paper grass, to make some delightful gifts!
How to Get Started With Essential Oils
- Sign up for my FREE essential oil email course in order to learn the basics.
- Check out my FREE masterclass all about essential oils and this beginner’s guide to essential oils.
- Get my essential oils online course – complete with video tutorials, e-book and everything you need to get started with essential oils.
- Find out how to buy essential oils at wholesale, and get a starter kit for 60% off retail prices. It’s the best deal around and a great way to get started with essential oils. Plus lots of freebies just for you.
More DIY Bath Time Recipes
- Homemade Bath Bombs
- Homemade Bubble Bath
- DIY Coconut Brown Sugar Scrub
- 100+ DIY Beauty + Skin Care Recipes
DIY Bath Bomb Fizzies
- Start by adding epsom salt, baking soda and citric acid to a large bowl and stir.
- Very slowly add the almond oil and essential oils.
- You may notice a little fizzing, so ensure to add the wet ingredients extra slowly to minimize fizz.
- Once all ingredients combined, spoon into an airtight jar and store in a cool, dry place.
Check out my book Natural Beauty Made Simple. It comes with 45 homemade skincare recipes with a set of printable labels and gift tags. You can download it instantly to your phone, computer or e-reader, so it’s portable and can go with you anywhere!
- Make your own organic beauty and skin care products for less than $25 a month!
- Learn simple techniques to make your own skincare – without the fuss of complicated recipes or hard-to-find ingredients
- Get tried-and-true recipes that work to nourish the skin and make it look more radiant than ever before
- Create beautiful gifts for friends and family with the printable labels and gift tags I’ve included with this book