Homemade Air Freshener
We all have a spot in our home that’s an odor magnet. It could be a shoe closet, hamper, bathroom, garbage can, a musty closet or a diaper pail.
Our spot is our bathroom trash can. Maybe it’s the combination of the moisture of the shower/bath and the high traffic the bathroom gets from my family of five. But it ALWAYS stinks. Years ago, I relied on commercial air fresheners to rid the odor. But when I found that they contained toxic ingredients.
DIY Air Freshener
It’s actually very easy to make your own natural DIY air freshener. In fact, this recipe has just three ingredients that you probably already have in your home. This can be used to spray on linens, shoes, garbage cans, diaper pails or pretty much anywhere you want to eliminate odors.
Vodka or rubbing alcohol is used in this air freshener recipe as it dissipates quickly and doesn’t leave a residue on furniture or upholstery. It also helps to clear odors from the air and fabrics.
This DIY Air Freshener recipe is great for small spray bottles too. Keep it in the car to freshener the air on the go.
About the Ingredients
- Witch hazel helps to keep the water in this air freshener purified so it’ll last about a month
- Lavender essential oil provides a relaxing and calming scent, which is great for linens and closets.
- Lemon essential oil provides a refreshing scent, which is great for kitchens and bathrooms.
- 10 drops essential oils (where to buy) – try Lavender, Lemon, Orange or Peppermint
- 1/4 cup witch hazel
- 1 cup filtered water
- Reusable spray bottle
- Fill spray bottle with water and witch hazel.
- Add essential oils and cover with spray nozzle.
- Shake once or twice, then start using.
1. Air Freshener, Wikipedia.
FREE DIY Beauty Book
Get glowing skin and learn how to make your own DIY beauty products with simple ingredients from your kitchen. Plus, get my 7-day essential oils course to get gorgeous skin from the inside out.