This Watermelon Mojito is a refreshing and delicious cocktail you can enjoy for outdoor parties, family brunches, or summer get-togethers. It’s made with a few simple ingredients that you can customize to your taste.
Mojitos are the perfect cocktail to enjoy poolside or on the deck on a warm day. It’s light, refreshing and just slightly sweet. It’s perfect to enjoy with a light appetizers like fresh-cut vegetables with hummus or a tray of fresh fruit and cheese.
It’s so easy to customize this recipe to make it lighter, sweeter, or even make as a mocktail without the alcohol. I’ll share options with you below.
How to Pick the Right Watermelon
The key ingredient for this recipe is the watermelon. Be sure to pick a watermelon that’s ripe. Look for the yellow spot. That means it’s ripe. You can use watermelon with the seeds or without. Both work well for this recipe.
As you cut the watermelon, try to get the seeds out as much as possible before using to make this mojito.
Can You Use Other Fruit?
Yes, I’ve used pineapple and it was delicious. Use about 1/2 cup of fresh cut or frozen pineapple chunks (let it sit out for 3-5 minutes to defrost) and try it with coconut rum.
Other fruit options are mango, strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries. Use about 1/2 to 1 cup of fresh fruit or frozen fruit (again let it defrost for 3-5 minutes).
What Rum to Use
Use your favorite rum. It could be a mild rum or spiced rum. Whatever suits your taste. You could even try a coconut rum as an alternative.
If you prefer a bit more rum, you can adjust that yourself and add another ounce or two.
How to Adjust the Sweetness in This Mojito
To make it more sweet, add more honey or make a simple syrup (add 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup of water to a pot and heat on a low-medium setting to mix the two together). I actually prefer liquid stevia for this recipe myself.
To make it less sweet, reduce to 2 tsp of honey or omit altogether.
Can You Add Essential Oils
Yes, you can add essential oils to this mojito recipe to give it a boost of flavor. Essential oils that would work well are lemon and lime. Be sure to use essential oils that are labeled for dietary use. This is the only brand of essential oils I recommend for cooking and making cocktails .
How to Make Watermelon Mojito
1. In a tall glass, muddle the watermelon, mint, and lime. Add ice.
3. Garnish with mint on top. Enjoy.
How to Get Started with Essential Oils
- Sign up for my FREE essential oil email course in order to learn the basics.
- Check out my FREE masterclass all about essential oils and this beginner’s guide to essential oils.
- Get my essential oils online course – complete with video tutorials, e-book and everything you need to get started with essential oils.
- Find out how to buy essential oils at wholesale, and get a starter kit for 60% off retail prices. It’s the best deal around and a great way to get started with essential oils. Plus lots of freebies just for you.
More Recipes You Might Like
- 2 tall glasses
- 1 cup fresh watermelon chunks
- 4 slices lime
- 2 sprigs fresh mint
- 4 oz rum
- 1 tbsp honey omit or add more to taste
- 6 oz soda water
- In a tall glass, muddle the watermelon, mint, and lime.
- Add ice. Then add rum, honey, and top it off with soda water.
- Stir well. Garnish with mint on top. Enjoy.
Want More Recipes?
Check out my new book, Gluten-Free, Real Food Recipes for Kids.
I wrote this book with YOU in mind. Parents who want to provide kids with wholesome meals without artificial colors, preservatives and other additives.
All the recipes are gluten-free – with many options for grain free or Paleo, dairy free, egg free and vegetarian.
What’s Included In This Book
It’s filled with 130+ pages of content and recipes, including:
- Real food nutrition 101
- Detailed information on how to properly soak and sprout nuts, beans, grains and seeds
- A guide on how to spot chemical additives and what to avoid
- Kitchen essentials and cooking tools
- Tips on how to get kids to become better eaters and help in the kitchen
- 70+ gluten-free recipes – such as snacks and appetizers, beverages, condiments and dressings, main meals, desserts and more
FREE real food guide
Eat healthier in just 7 days with my real food guide and email course. You'll learn how easy it is to go gluten-free and still enjoy the foods that you love.