Want a cool, refreshing cocktail? Try this Coconut Pineapple Mojito Recipe with Lime Essential Oil. It’s like a skinny version of a Pina Colada with the fresh taste of mint.
Mojitos are one of my favorite cocktails. It’s light, refreshing and perfect for a hot sunny day, yet sometimes I could do without the effervescent club soda. Pina coladas are another favorite, but my stomach usually gets upset with the heaviness of the sugar and coconut cream. This Coconut Pineapple Mojito Recipe combines my two favorite cocktails for a lighter alternative made without added sugar and club soda. My husband just returned from a trip to Nicaragua with the most delicious rum, and we had fun putting this mojito recipe to the test.
You could even make a non-alcoholic version of this cocktail. Just omit the rum and you’ve got a light, sweet drink to enjoy anytime. It’s delicious with a light appetizer like this homemade hummus with ghee
- 15-20 fresh mint leaves (remove stems)
- 1 and 1/2 cups coconut water
- 3/4 cup organic pineapple juice
- 4 oz. rum
- 1-2 tsp raw honey (optional if you prefer a sweeter cocktail)
- 6 drops Lime essential oil (where to buy HERE) or juice of 1-2 fresh limes
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Split mint leaves into 2 glasses. Use muddler to crush the mint.
- Add ice cubes to each glass.
- In a cocktail shaker, add coconut water, pineapple juice, rum, Lime essential oil (or lime juice) and raw honey (if you prefer a sweeter cocktail – I find the pineapple juice sweetens this recipe enough for me).
- Shake well and pour mixture into each glass.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
p.s. Looking for tips to start cooking with essential oils? Check out my free email course In the Kitchen with Essential Oils.