Got a dirty yoga mat? Clean it naturally with this DIY Yoga Mat Spray. It will help to sanitize, deodorize and freshen up your yoga mat, as well as all your workout and fitness equipment.
I came up with a simple DIY Yoga Mat Cleaning Spray to sanitize and remove odors for good. And I must say, the scent is heavenly. It smells like being on a yoga retreat in the woods.
I love working out on my yoga mat. Whether it’s doing my full Pilates workout or just practicing Downward Dog with the kids, my yoga mat gets used all the time. In fact, sometimes I’ll even roll it out on my tile floor so the kids can practice a few tumbles here and there. And other times it gets rolled up to use as some sort of Medieval jousting device by my kids.
No matter what the use – one thing is for sure: My yoga mat needs constant cleaning. Yep, especially after a hard workout, I find that my yoga mat, well, it stinks. And I can’t stand to use harsh or toxic chemicals on it.
How to Make This DIY Yoga Mat Cleaning Spray – Step by Step
1. Add essential oils to a 2 oz spray bottle.
2. Add witch hazel to spray bottle.
3. Fill spray bottle with water. Shake well.
Benefits of This Yoga Mat Spray
Tea Tree essential oil helps to naturally clean and deodorize.
Purification essential oil blend of citronella, lemongrass, lavandin, rosemary, melaleuca and myrtle essential oils that helps to deodorize and keep surfaces smelling fresh. You can also use citronella and lemongrass instead of Purification in this recipe.
Witch hazel helps to sanitize and remove dirt, germs, bacteria, and other build-up. It also helps to extend the shelf life of this spray.
How to Use This DIY Yoga Mat Cleaning Spray
Generously spray the yoga mat with this cleaner and wipe with a clean towel. Repeat as needed to remove dirt, grime, and build-up. This spray also helps to deodorize and keep your yoga mat smelling fresh.
Use this yoga mat cleaning spray to sanitize exercise equipment too. Spray equipment and then use a clean towel to wipe up dirt and freshen up odors.
Top Tips for This Spray
- Shake well before use
- You can use citronella and lemongrass instead of Purification blend in this recipe
- Witch hazel is great for extending the shelf life of this spray
- You can use this spray to sanitize exercise equipment too
How to Get Started with Essential Oils
- Sign up for my FREE essential oil email course in order to learn the basics.
- Check out my FREE online webinars all about essential oils and this beginner’s guide to essential oils.
- Get my essential oils online course – complete with video tutorials, e-book and everything you need to get started with essential oils.
- Find out how to buy essential oils at wholesale, and get a starter kit for 60% off retail prices. It’s the best deal around and a great way to get started with essential oils. Plus lots of freebies just for you!
More DIY Recipes
DIY Yoga Mat Cleaning Spray
- Add essential oils to spray bottle.
- Add witch hazel to spray bottle.
- Fill spray bottle with water. Shake well.
- To use, spray yoga mat with and wipe with a clean towel. You can use this DIY yoga mat cleaning spray to sanitize exercise equipment too.
Photo credit: Groworkspace