Fight colds and flu with these Immune-Boosting Elderberry Gummy Snacks that are loaded with antioxidants and nutrients. The kids will love them! They’re fun to make and can be made into you’re favorite shapes using silicone molds.
Walk through the cold and flu aisle of any health food store and you’re likely to see elderberry syrup. Why? It’s amazing for helping to boost the immune system. Elderberries are loaded with vitamin A and vitamin C, as well as potassium, vitamin B and other antioxidants. So when my kids start to feel even a bit under the weather, I make these Immune-Boosting Elderberry Gummy Snacks. They taste so good and it’s it helps to give them an extra boost of antioxidants.
Elderberries not only help to boost the immune system, there’s actually been a study that shows that it helps to shorten the length of sick days due to the flu. It can also help with nasal congestion related to the cold too.
How to Make These Homemade Immune-Boosting Elderberry Gummy Snacks
This recipe is a combination of elderberry syrup, vitamin D3, echinacea and black cherry juice. I find this trio of homeopathic ingredients to be the ideal combination to knock out colds and the flu before it gets worse.
While my kids actually take these supplements pretty easily, I wanted to find a way to make it easier for them, so that’s why I came up with these Immune-Boosting Elderberry Gummy Snacks. They already love my homemade electrolyte drink and superfood gummy fruit snacks, so I got the idea to make cold-busting fruit gummies that both tasted good and good for them. They happily eat them without me prodding them to take more. Parenting win!
I added black cherry juice to this recipe for flavor and to pack a punch of antioxidants into each serving – which is exactly what kids need when they’re not feeling well.
Immune-Boosting Elderberry Gummy Snacks
- Mix the echinacea and vitamin D3 drops together. Divide into the silicone mold you will be using. I use a 60-count mold in this recipe, so I divided 12 servings into the 60 mold cavities.
- Heat up 1/2 of the cherry juice and all of the water over low-medium heat.
- Remove from heat. Add the raw honey and elderberry extract.
- Add the gelatin and whisk or use immersion blender until there are no lumps. Add the remaining cherry juice and mix well. The consistency will thicken.
- Pour the gelatin mixture into the silicone mold.
- Refrigerate for 4-5 hours. When ready, pop out of the molds. They should come out pretty easily. Pop them in the freezer for a few minutes if they gummy snacks don’t come out easily.
More Cold and Flu Remedies You Might Like
- Instant Pot Elderberry Syrup
- Homemade Electrolyte Popsicles (Better than Pedialyte)
- Homemade Electrolyte Drink
- Cold-buster Elderberry Gummy Snacks
- Honey Lemon Ginger Elixir – Natural Cold Remedy
Did you try these black cherry and elderberry gummy snacks? Don’t forget to rate the recipe and comment below to let me know how it went. You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest to see what other fun things I’m getting up to.
FREE real food guide
Eat healthier in just 7 days with my real food guide and email course. You'll learn how easy it is to go gluten-free and still enjoy the foods that you love.