Have you ever tried cooking with spaghetti squash? It’s absolutely delicious. It easily replaces spaghetti pasta in your favorite Italian dishes.
Now this Spaghetti Squash with Browned Butter Sauce and Parmesan Cheese recipe is so simple to make, yet it will easily please the pickiest palate. Both kids and adults will love it. In fact, my middle son gobbled it up and I (very unlady like) licked my plate clean, literally. But I didn’t feel too guilty – this dish is pretty healthy and gluten free.
Where to Get Kitchen Pantry Essentials
I get my other kitchen pantry supplies like sea salt, black pepper, spices, coconut oil, and other essentials either on Amazon or my local health food store usually. But then I got a Thrive membership. If you don’t already have one – it’s awesome! It’s like Whole Foods meets Costco. Bob’s Red Mill baking soda, for instance, is about $3 at my local health food store and $6 on Amazon. But it’s only $2.03 (YES!) on Thrive Market. Great deal right? And the raw honey?! Don’t even get me started how much that costs at the health food store. But on Thrive Market it’s just $5.45 for a 10.5 oz jar of raw honey.
Sign up for a Thrive Market membership and get 2 months free and 10% off your first order.
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 4-5 tbsp pastured or organic butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup organic Parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- 2-3 tbsp fresh Parsley, chopped
- Celtic sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut squash in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Place squash face down on a large pan and cook for about 20-35 minutes or until the squash is soft.
- Use a fork to loosen squash to create noodles, scoop out and toss the squash shell. Set the squash noodles aside.
- Heat a cast iron skillet to medium heat. Add butter and garlic, and let the butter brown for about 2-3 minutes. Be careful not to burn the butter.
- Turn off the heat and toss in the spaghetti squash noodles. Cover noodles completely with the browned butter sauce.
- Add Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Garnish with parsley.
p.s. Looking for tips to transition to a real food or healthy gluten-free lifestyle? Check out my free Real Food Guide email course and e-book.disclosure.
Subscribe to the Don't Mess with Mama weekly email newsletter to get all this and much more!
- Latest DIY tutorials
- Natural health tips
- Real food recipes, including Paleo and gluten free
- Everyday ways you can live a more natural lifestyle
- Exclusive deals just for subscribers
And get a copy of my e-book, Real Food Guide: 5 Real Foods You Need in Your Diet.