Looking for a Paleo alternative to those blended coffee drinks in the local cafes? It’s really easy to make your own, plus you can avoid the sugars (or worse sugar substitutes), milk solids, artificial flavors, preservatives and other additives (such as xanthan gum, which is often added to keep the milk and coffee from separating).
This Paleo Mocha Frappe coffee drink recipe is simple and calls for real food ingredients, such as raw honey and organic coconut milk.
Paleo Mocha Frappe Coffee Drink Recipe
- 1/2 cup your favorite coffee, chilled or room temperature (I like this organic, fair-trade coffee)
- 1/4 cup organic coconut milk (or try it with raw or organic full-fat milk if you can have dairy)
- 2 tbsp raw honey (or try it with organic maple syrup)
- 2 cups of ice
- 1 tbsp organic unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp organic vanilla extract
Equipment & Tools
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until the ice has pureed.
- Drink right away because the milk and coffee will separate.
Makes 2 servings.
Pin It Here
Photos credit: DepositPhotos.com / bangkokhappiness
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please see all my disclosures and disclaimers, including Amazon and other affiliate partners.