Looking for a way to preserve your Halloween pumpkin naturally? I’ve got a super-simple recipe you can make at home.
I came up with this recipe as I was looking up ways to preserve our newly carved organic Halloween pumpkins. All I could find to were recipes with bleach, acrylic spray, petroleum products and other toxic additives that I wanted to avoid.
The three biggest issues with Halloween pumpkins are rot, mold and bugs.
And I found that Peppermint essential oils is excellent as a natural Halloween pumpkin preserve spray. In fact, spiders, ants, and other pests hate the scent of Peppermint oil.
- 8 oz spray bottle
- 1 capful Peppermint Castile liquid soap
- 6 drops Peppermint essential oil (where to buy high-quality essential oils)
- Add Castile soap and Peppermint essential oil in spray bottle. Fill with water.
- Spray carved pumpkin thoroughly. Be sure to spray inside, outside, carved areas, etc.
- Let pumpkin dry and voila! You’ve got a natural pumpkin preserve spray.
And save those seeds! Try these delicious Tex-Mex Pumpkin Seeds - my grain-free copycat recipe for Doritos.
Sign up to get a FREE copy of my e-book, The Essential Home: Quick Start Guide to DIY - available exclusively to subscribers.
You'll also get weekly updates with the latest DIY tutorials, natural health tips, and real food recipes.