Looking for a way to preserve your Halloween pumpkin naturally? I’ve got a super-simple recipe you can make at home.
I came up with this recipe as I was looking up ways to preserve our newly carved organic Halloween pumpkins. All I could find to were recipes with bleach, acrylic spray, petroleum products and other toxic additives that I wanted to avoid.
The three biggest issues with Halloween pumpkins are rot, mold and bugs.
And I found that Peppermint essential oils is excellent as a natural Halloween pumpkin preserve spray. In fact, spiders, ants, and other pests hate the scent of Peppermint oil.
- 8 oz spray bottle
- 1 capful Peppermint Castile liquid soap
- 6 drops Peppermint essential oil (where to buy high-quality essential oils)
- Add Castile soap and Peppermint essential oil in spray bottle. Fill with water.
- Spray carved pumpkin thoroughly. Be sure to spray inside, outside, carved areas, etc.
- Let pumpkin dry and voila! You’ve got a natural pumpkin preserve spray.
And save those seeds! Try these delicious Tex-Mex Pumpkin Seeds - my grain-free copycat recipe for Doritos.
Get a copy of my e-book 10 Beauty Hacks from Your Kitchen + my essential oils email course for FREE!
In my email course, you'll learn the basics of essential oils, how to use them, and easy DIY recipes you can make to save money!