I am not a morning person. Like, really, really not a morning person.
I dread opening my eyes when I first wake up, and often need at least 15-20 minutes of peace and quiet to get out of bed and get going in the morning.
Now could someone give my kids the memo. They don’t seem to understand that while they are perky and ready to go at 6 am, mom could easily sleep in and get up hours later.
It just wasn’t in the cards for me to have kids that sleep in. They’re morning people, while I’m a night owl. I used to rely on caffeine to get me going, but now I’ve found that essential oils help me to perk up and feel refreshed in the morning.
I don’t use any essential oils though. I use therapeutic-grade essential oils from Young Living. Learn more about Young Living and why I recommend it.
Keep reading to find out how you can start your day with essential oils.
Feel like a zombie in the morning? Or have a hard time getting the kids up for school? Diffuse these essential oils to start your day refreshed and rejuvenated.
1. Bergamot (which has a slight citrus scent) and Ylang Ylang (which smells amazing – like an exotic flower) are nothing short of joyous in the morning. Together, it’s like sunshine to start your day.
2. Joy is blend from Young Living that’s a favorite in my home to diffuse in the morning. It also has Bergamot and Ylang Ylang, as well as Lemon, Tangerine and Roman Chamomile.
3. Clarity is a blend made with Basil, Rosemary and Peppermint, and helps to promote a sense of clarity and alertness when diffused.
4. Motivation is a blend made with Roman Chamomile, Spruce and Lavender, and promotes feelings of action and accomplishment when diffused. This blend enhances the ability to move forward and in a positive direction. What a great way to start the day!
5. En-R-Gee is a blend made with Rosemary, Nutmeg, Black Pepper and Lemongrass. It helps to uplift and energize. It’s a must-have oil blend for everyone.
Start the Day with Confidence
Need some liquid confidence? Try essential oils! These oil blends are great to diffuse in the morning to feel empowered and kick negative feelings to the curb.
6. Valor is one of my favorite essential oil blends from Young Living. It’s made with Spruce, Blue Tansy, Frankincense and Rosewood. Apply to wrists, bottom of feet (my kids love this) or diffuse to feel empowered and uplifted. NOTE: Valor is out of stock right now, but there’s Valor II available in the meantime). Apply topically to the bottom of the feet with a carrier oil or diffuse in the morning.
7. Transformation smells wonderful diffused or applied topically (dilute with V-6 or other carrier oil). It’s a blend made with Lemon, Sacred Frankincense, Sandalwood and Peppermint to help replace negative beliefs with uplifting thoughts. Perfect for the first day of school, job interview, business meeting, etc.
8. Envision is a blend made with Spruce, Orange, Geranium and Rose, and helps to stimulate feelings of creativity and resourcefulness, while encouraging a renewed faith in the future. Apply this oil topically or diffuse. This is a great blend to use before a big project or to help you envision your goals.
9. White Angelica is a blend made with Bergamot, Melissa, Geranium, Ylang Ylang, Rose, Myrrh, Spruce, Hyssop, Rosewood and Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood, and promotes feelings of protection and security when diffused, and can be used to guard against negative energy (like a co-worker who complains a lot – you know what I mean). This is one of my favorite oil blends to diffuse too.
Feel the Calm Before the Storm
Got something big coming up? Don’t fret. Try essential oils to ease frustrations.
10. Tranquil (made with Lavender, Cedarwood and Roman Chamomile) is a blend that’s available in a convenient roll-on. It’s comforting aromas is perfect to ease occasional jitters – like a job interview, business meeting, first day of school, school project, etc. Apply to the wrists or back of the neck as needed.
11. Peace & Calming is a blend made with Tangerine, Ylang Ylang, Blue Tansy, Orange and Patchouli, and smells great when diffused. Believe it or not, this is a great blend to use when the morning feels chaotic. It can also be applied to the bottom of feet with V-6 or other carrier oil.
12. Grounding (made with White Fir, Pine, Angelica, Spruce, Cedarwood, Juniper and Ylang Ylang) is a balancing blend that’s excellent to diffuse in the morning or apply topically diluted with V-6 or other carrier oil.
What essential oils do you like to use first thing in the morning?
Photo credit: DepositPhotos.com /Wavebreakmedia
This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure.
Get a copy of my e-book 10 Beauty Hacks from Your Kitchen + my essential oils email course for FREE!
In my email course, you'll learn the basics of essential oils, how to use them, and easy DIY recipes you can make to save money!