Learn how to cook gluten free foods without artificial ingredients. Check out my book Gluten Free, Real Food Recipes for Kids. It's on sale now for 50% off. Download a free preview.
Do you love Eggnog, but not all the artificial ingredients in store-bought, pre-made mixes? Or have you tried making your own but had to use condensed milk filled with artificial flavors?
Now you can make your own Eggnog using real-food ingredients such as pastured eggs, whole milk and raw honey.
How to Make Eggnog
This recipe is courtesy of Our Nourishing Roots and makes 4 servings.
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups cream
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg, preferably freshly ground
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp ground allspice
- 4 tbsp raw honey or maple syrup
- pinch of sea salt
- 4 oz. of bourbon (1 oz. per drink)
- 4 oz. of cognac (1 oz. per drink)
1. Place all non-alcoholic ingredients in a blender and blend on medium high until completely combined. (You can also whisk all ingredients in a bowl until completely mixed – like the photo below.) Pour into four glasses.
Use fresh ground nutmeg if possible. It makes this Eggnog super delicious.
2. Pour the liquor into each glass, and stir with a swizzle stick or wooden skewer to combine.
3. Garnish with another sprinkling of fresh nutmeg, and a stick of cinnamon for stirring.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.