70+ recipes both kids and adults will love + tips on how to avoid processed foods.
Ah, bacon. Who doesn’t love to eat bacon. My family loves it. We go through at least three packages of nitrate-free bacon each week – eating it for breakfast, packing it in my kids lunch box, or even just as an after school snack that’s packed with protein.
The only drawback with bacon is cooking it. At least it used to be for me. Cooking bacon in a skillet over the stove usually resulted in oil splatters everywhere and me getting burned.
I’ve got a super easy way to cook bacon perfectly without the mess and you can even cook in bulk without adding extra time. Try it with this delicious Gluten-Free Egg Quiche or these other 50+ Healthy Grain Free and Gluten Free Breakfast Recipes.
How to Cook Bacon Perfectly in 20 Minutes
- 12 oz. package of nitrate-free bacon
Tools & Equipment
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a large baking pan with parchment paper.
- Cut bacon in half lengthwise so each piece is about 5-6 inches long.
- Remove bacon from package and line on parchment paper in baking pan. Line each piece next to each other – avoid overlapping.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Drain bacon fat into a glass container and store in the refrigerator to use later as a cooking oil.
Feature image credit: Flickr / Lara604
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please see all my disclosures and disclaimers, including Amazon and other affiliate partners.