Need a quick and easy grain-free holiday cookie recipe? Check out these Grain-Free Chocolate Peppermint Cookies – they’re also Paleo, refined sugar free and can easily be made vegan (just swap out the egg for a vegan egg replacer).
I used to love the Peppermint Joe-Joe’s at Trader Joe’s (like peppermint Oreos but without as much of the junk). But since going gluten-free we haven’t found anything in store. So we made our own Chocolate Peppermint Cookies and WOW! They are yummy. My kids loved eating these and requested we leave these out for Santa on Christmas Eve.
Now I tried a batch with whole cane sugar and it came out well too, but I will say the honey gave it a deeper, molasses-like flavor and the texture was a bit chewier. These cookies are pure bliss and make a wonderful DIY food gift for family and friends – just pack them in wide-mouth Mason glass jars for a rustic look.
Grain-Free Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- 1 cup organic, creamy almond butter (either salted or unsalted works)
- 1/2 cup raw or organic honey (or coconut sugar)
- 1 pastured or organic egg (or replacer such as Ener-G)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp all-natural peppermint candy, crushed
Tools & Equipment
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheet with butter or parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Form tablespoon-sized balls and pat down to about 1/4-inch thickness. Lay out on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 min. Let cool and enjoy.
Makes about 20-24 cookies.
Pin It Here
DISCLAIMER: The content on the blog Don’t Mess with Mama is for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as medical advice. I am not a medical professional and the information contained on this blog should not be used to diagnose, treat or prevent any disease or health illness. Please consult with a qualified health care professional before acting on any information presented here. Please see all my disclosures and disclaimers.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.