70+ recipes both kids and adults will love + tips on how to avoid processed foods.
Need a delicious sweet treat? Try this Gluten Free Mini Muffins Recipe - it’s one of my favorite gluten-free recipes. They taste just like banana bread in a bite-sized piece that’s simply scrumptious (it’s based off my gluten-free banana bread recipe)
My kids absolutely love these mini muffins. We usually take these to school for birthday and other celebrations instead of sugar-laden cupcakes. I reserve a bit of the shredded coconut flakes to use as a garnish – and my kids think they’re sprinkles. Win and win.
Gluten Free Mini Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups of all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp organic baking soda
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 eggs or egg replacer equivalent (I typically use Ener-G)
- 1 cup organic coconut sugar (organic sucanat or raw organic sugar also work)
- 1/4 cup finely shredded coconut, unsweetened (or use coconut flakes and finely shred in a blender for a few seconds)
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil
- 1 tsp organic cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all dry ingredients together (save about 1 tbsp of shredded coconut and set aside).
- Beat eggs together and then add to the dry ingredients.
- Add all other wet ingredients and mix until sticky. Don’t over mix.
- Add liners to mini muffin pan. Fill each muffin tin hole to 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and garnish with remaining 1 tbsp of shredded coconut.
Makes about 40 mini muffins.
Want More Recipes?
Check out my new book, Gluten-Free, Real Food Recipes for Kids. I wrote this book with YOU in mind. Parents who want to provide kids with wholesome meals without artificial colors, preservatives and other additives. All the recipes are gluten-free – with many options for grain free or Paleo, dairy free, egg free and vegetarian.
What’s Included In This Book
It’s filled with 130+ pages of content and recipes, including:
- Real food nutrition 101
- Detailed information on how to properly soak and sprout nuts, beans, grains and seeds
- A guide on how to spot chemical additives and what to avoid
- Kitchen essentials and cooking tools
- Tips on how to get kids to become better eaters and help in the kitchen
- 70+ gluten-free recipes – such as snacks and appetizers, beverages, condiments and dressings, main meals, desserts and more
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please see all my disclosures and disclaimers, including Amazon and other affiliate partners.