Need a delicious sweet treat? Try this Gluten Free Banana Coconut Muffins Recipe – it’s one of my favorite gluten-free recipes. They taste just like banana bread in a bite-sized piece that’s simply scrumptious (it’s based off my gluten-free banana bread recipe)
My kids absolutely love these Gluten Free Banana Coconut Muffins. We usually take these to school for birthday and other celebrations instead of sugar-laden cupcakes. I reserve a bit of the shredded coconut flakes to use as a garnish – and my kids think they’re sprinkles. Win and win.
We also make these muffins for breakfast to eat on the go or enjoy as an after school snack. They are so addictive – try and just eat one. I bet you can’t do it. You’ll be eating one right after the other.
Where to Get Kitchen Pantry Essentials
I get my other kitchen pantry supplies like sea salt, black pepper, spices, coconut oil, and other essentials either on Amazon or my local health food store usually. But then I got a Thrive membership. If you don’t already have one – it’s awesome! It’s like Whole Foods meets Costco. Bob’s Red Mill baking soda, for instance, is about $3 at my local health food store and $6 on Amazon. But it’s only $2.03 (YES!) on Thrive Market. Great deal right? And the raw honey?! Don’t even get me started how much that costs at the health food store. But on Thrive Market it’s just $5.45 for a 10.5 oz jar of raw honey.
Sign up for a Thrive Market membership and get 2 months free and 10% off your first order.
- 2 cups of all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp organic baking soda
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 eggs or egg replacer equivalent (I typically use Ener-G)
- 1 cup organic coconut sugar (organic sucanat or raw organic sugar also work)
- 1/4 cup finely shredded coconut, unsweetened (or use coconut flakes and finely shred in a blender for a few seconds)
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil
- 1 tsp organic cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all dry ingredients together (save about 1 tbsp of shredded coconut and set aside).
- Beat eggs together and then add to the dry ingredients.
- Add all other wet ingredients and mix until sticky. Don’t over mix.
- Add liners to mini muffin pan. Fill each muffin tin hole to 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and garnish with remaining 1 tbsp of shredded coconut.
p.s. Looking for tips to transition to a real food or healthy gluten-free lifestyle? Check out my free Real Food Guide email course and e-book.disclosure.
Subscribe to the Don't Mess with Mama weekly email newsletter to get all this and much more!
- Latest DIY tutorials
- Natural health tips
- Real food recipes, including Paleo and gluten free
- Everyday ways you can live a more natural lifestyle
- Exclusive deals just for subscribers
And get a copy of my e-book, Real Food Guide: 5 Real Foods You Need in Your Diet.