Baking a gluten-free banana bread is much easier than you think. The secret is the all-purpose gluten-free flour mix. I have a fantastic gluten-free flour mix recipe that you can make and store in your pantry. This recipe is free of refined sugar and there’s an option to go egg free too. It’s a healthy morning breakfast, lunch box treat, afternoon snack or late-night dessert that both kids and adults will love.
My family is addicted to this Gluten Free Banana Bread Recipe. I get requests to make it every weekend. I prefer to bake the banana bread in mini pans. I find that the ingredients hold up better – and there’s the perfect mix of a moist center with firmness on the edges.
Where to Get Kitchen Pantry Essentials
I get my other kitchen pantry supplies like sea salt, black pepper, spices, coconut oil, and other essentials either on Amazon or my local health food store usually. But then I got a Thrive membership. If you don’t already have one – it’s awesome! It’s like Whole Foods meets Costco. Bob’s Red Mill baking soda, for instance, is about $3 at my local health food store and $6 on Amazon. But it’s only $2.03 (YES!) on Thrive Market. Great deal right? And the raw honey?! Don’t even get me started how much that costs at the health food store. But on Thrive Market it’s just $5.45 for a 10.5 oz jar of raw honey.
Sign up for a Thrive Market membership and get 2 months free and 10% off your first order.
- 2 cups of all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp organic baking soda
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 eggs or egg replacer equivalent (I typically use Ener-G)
- 1 cup organic coconut sugar (organic sucanat or raw organic sugar also work)
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil
- 1 tsp organic cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Beat eggs together and then add to the dry ingredients.
- Add all other wet ingredients and mix until sticky. Don’t over mix.
- Bake in cast iron for 60-70 min (bake at 60 min in 2 mini pans or 70 min in a regular loaf pan)
Want More Recipes?
Check out my new book, Gluten-Free, Real Food Recipes for Kids. I wrote this book with YOU in mind. Parents who want to provide kids with wholesome meals without artificial colors, preservatives and other additives. All the recipes are gluten-free – with many options for grain free or Paleo, dairy free, egg free and vegetarian.
What’s Included In This Book
It’s filled with 130+ pages of content and recipes, including:
- Real food nutrition 101
- Detailed information on how to properly soak and sprout nuts, beans, grains and seeds
- A guide on how to spot chemical additives and what to avoid
- Kitchen essentials and cooking tools
- Tips on how to get kids to become better eaters and help in the kitchen
- 70+ gluten-free recipes – such as snacks and appetizers, beverages, condiments and dressings, main meals, desserts and more
Sign up to get a FREE copy of my e-book, The Essential Home: Quick Start Guide to DIY - available exclusively to subscribers.
You'll also get weekly updates with the latest DIY tutorials, natural health tips, and real food recipes.