I love the fall for the simple reason that’s it’s apple harvest time. We love to go picking for apples in nearby orchards in Julian, California with the most delicious, organic apples. We fill our bags with both red and green apples and enjoy our bounty all month long.
So I wanted to dedicate an entire blog post to all the wonderful REAL FOOD (no artificial colors, preservatives or processed food) apple recipes from my favorite bloggers. Here you’ll find everything from snacks and appetizers to main meals and drinks featuring apples.
30+ Gluten Free Apple Recipes for Fall
Snacks and Appetizers
Apples are a perennial snack for kids and families. Check out these snacks and recipes for other ideas on how to use apples.
- Caramelized Cinnamon Apple Chips – Simple yet delicious – The Dabblist
- Apple Chocolate Sandwich – A healthy treat you can enjoy daily – Wise Eats
- Raw Apple Pie Energy Bites – Vegan, Paleo and gluten-free – So Let’s Hangout
- Apple Pie Snack Mix – Grain-free, gluten-free, sugar-free – Popular Paleo
- Spiced “Fried” Apples – This recipe looks downright sinful – Our Heritage of Health
You can’t have an apple recipe round-up without applesauce! And there’s no one way to make applesauce. Check out these creative concoctions.
- Small Batch Homemade Applesauce – Easy and delicious – Little Homesteaders
- Chia Apple Sauce – Vegan and raw – Good Girl Gone Green
- Slow Cooker Applesauce – Yummy recipe with citrus and cinnamon – Rubies and Radishes
- Homemade Bacon and Butter Topped Applesauce – Bacon and apples – yum! Real Food RN
- Apricot Ginger Applesauce – A new spiced twist on applesauce – Stupid Easy Paleo
Condiments and Sauces
Apples may a yummy addition to condiments and sauces. Try one of these recipes.
- Slow-Cooker Crab Apple Pepper Jelly – Spicy and sweet – yum! The Skinny Pear
- How to Make Fruit Scrap Apple Vinegar – Reuse those apple peels to make vinegar – The Nourishing Cook
Breads, Muffins and More
Apples are a mainstay for my family in breads, pancakes, muffins and every other baked good we make. What’s your favorite way to enjoy apples?
- Apple Spice Bread – Gluten-free (with egg-free option) – Don’t Mess with Mama
- Apple Cinnamon Waffles (or Pancakes) – Gluten-free option – Real Food Outlaws
- Banana Applesauce Skillet Bread with Apple Chunks & Flaxseed – Try with gluten-free flour – The Rising Spoon
- Pumpkin-Apple Harvest Muffins – Yum! Pumpkin and apples together – The Rising Spoon
- Real Food Apple Cinnamon Rolls – Try it with gluten-free flour – We Got Real
Main Meals and Sides
Have you ever considered adding apples to main dishes like pork chops and Asian noodles? It’s a delicious way to add a new dimension of flavor.
- Pork Wings in Apple & Onion Gravy – Gluten free and Paleo – Meatified
- Bacon and Apple Pork Chops (Paleo) – Gluten free and Paleo – We Got Real
- Ginger Garlic Noodles with Bok Choy, Apples and Tofu – Try this with rice noodles – Mark Makes Dinner
- Apple and Sweet Potato Hash – Gluten free and Paleo – Gutsy by Nature
- Beef, Apple & Rice Stuffed Acorn Squash – A hearty gluten-free meal – The Rising Spoon
- Apple Cranberry Sweet Potato Bake – Gluten free and Paleo – Stupid Easy Paleo
Apple juice isn’t the only option when it comes to drinks. Here are some other drink options.
- Apple Pie Smoothie – Vegan and decadent – Good Girl Gone Green
- Apple Martini – A healthy green cocktail – Green Mommas
- Apple Cider Made from Peels – Reuse those apple peels for a yummy cider – And Here We Are
These apple-inspired desserts are drool-worthy, yet healthy options. Which one do you want to try?
- Apple Pie Pudding – Paleo and dairy free – Meatified
- Apple Pie Ice Cream – Paleo and dairy free – A Girl Worth Saving
- Crustless Apple Pie – Gluten-free and guilt-free dessert – Sweet Plantains
- Apple Crisp Recipe – Gluten free, Paleo, GAPS friendly – Wellness and Workouts
- Apple Coconut Pudding – Paleo and dairy free – Stupid Easy Paleo
What’s your favorite apple recipe? Share it here.
Want More Recipes?
Check out my new book, Gluten-Free, Real Food Recipes for Kids. I wrote this book with YOU in mind. Parents who want to provide kids with wholesome meals without artificial colors, preservatives and other additives. All the recipes are gluten-free – with many options for grain free or Paleo, dairy free, egg free and vegetarian.
What’s Included In This Book
It’s filled with 130+ pages of content and recipes, including:
- Real food nutrition 101
- Detailed information on how to properly soak and sprout nuts, beans, grains and seeds
- A guide on how to spot chemical additives and what to avoid
- Kitchen essentials and cooking tools
- Tips on how to get kids to become better eaters and help in the kitchen
- 70+ gluten-free recipes – such as snacks and appetizers, beverages, condiments and dressings, main meals, desserts and more
Sign up to get a FREE copy of my e-book, The Essential Home: Quick Start Guide to DIY - available exclusively to subscribers.
You'll also get weekly updates with the latest DIY tutorials, natural health tips, and real food recipes.