When the weather cools down, there is something so cozy about pumpkin bread. I have a Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread recipe with dried cranberries and chopped walnuts that tastes absolutely amazing. And the best part? It’s made without refined sugar and there’s an egg free option.
This Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread is the perfect treat in a lunchbox, after school or even as a dessert for the whole family. My kids will literally devour an entire loaf, so be sure to make a few extra loaves – which are great to do anyway to store in the freezer.
There are no preservatives or artificial junk in this recipe, so the shelf life on this recipe is about a couple of days. It won’t last that long anyway – trust me, your family will gobble it up. But if you plan to be away from home, then just store it in the freezer.
Baking tips: If you don’t have coconut flour, just use gluten-free flour. I added the coconut flour to absorb some of the moisture of the pumpkin puree, but it’s fine without the coconut too. I also prefer to bake these in mini bread pans. I find that the ingredients hold up better – and there’s the perfect mix of a moist center with firmness on the edges.
Check out my post on 50+ Gluten-Free and Grain-Free Healthy Breakfast Ideas. You won’t find sugary snacks or pre-packaged breakfast sandwiches here – just simple, homemade breakfast meals with real food ingredients, no refined sugars and no artificial anything.
Where to Get Kitchen Pantry Essentials
I get my other kitchen pantry supplies like sea salt, black pepper, spices, coconut oil, and other essentials either on Amazon or my local health food store usually. But then I got a Thrive membership. If you don’t already have one – it’s awesome! It’s like Whole Foods meets Costco. Bob’s Red Mill baking soda, for instance, is about $3 at my local health food store and $6 on Amazon. But it’s only $2.03 (YES!) on Thrive Market. Great deal right? And the raw honey?! Don’t even get me started how much that costs at the health food store. But on Thrive Market it’s just $5.45 for a 10.5 oz jar of raw honey.
Sign up for a Thrive Market membership and get 2 months free and 10% off your first order.
- 1 and 3/4 cups of all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp organic coconut flour
- 1 tsp organic baking soda
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 eggs or egg replacer equivalent (I typically use Ener-G)
- 1 cup organic coconut sugar (organic sucanat or raw organic sugar also work)
- 1 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil
- 1/3 cup filtered water
- 1 tsp organic cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp organic nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp organic ground ginger
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup organic walnuts or organic pecans
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Beat eggs together and then add to the dry ingredients.
- Add all other wet ingredients and mix until sticky. Don’t over mix.
- Pour into greased (use or butter) loaf pan and bake for 70 minutes (for a regular loaf pan) or 50-55 min (for mini loaf pans).
p.s. Looking for tips to transition to a real food or healthy gluten-free lifestyle? Check out my free Real Food Guide email course and e-book.disclosure.
Subscribe to the Don't Mess with Mama weekly email newsletter to get all this and much more!
- Latest DIY tutorials
- Natural health tips
- Real food recipes, including Paleo and gluten free
- Everyday ways you can live a more natural lifestyle
- Exclusive deals just for subscribers
And get a copy of my e-book, Real Food Guide: 5 Real Foods You Need in Your Diet.