Skin Salve Recipe
Got dry skin? Nourish it with this DIY Rescue Skin Salve.
Why do I call it my rescue salve? Because it helps to moisturize and nourish skin – face, body, even lips – that needs a little help. Ever feel like you need something extra to rescue your skin? That’s this salve recipe. It’s made with coconut oil to naturally moisturize and Lavender essential oil to soothe skin.
This DIY Rescue Skin Salve Recipe works really well, but it can also be messy on the go. Coconut oil will melt easily if the weather is warm. I suggest storing this in the bathroom to use at home – morning and night.
This is also great for kids. I like to keep it on hand when I’m traveling or when I’m doing winter sports and need extra moisturizing.
DIY Rescue Skin Salve Recipe
About the Ingredients
- Coconut oil is an excellent moisturizer, but it also has antimicrobial and antiviral properties.
- Beeswax helps to protect the skin against irritants. In fact, it’s better than petroleum jelly as a barrier cream for the skin. In addition, the properties in beeswax provide antibacterial and antiviral benefits.
- Lavender and Geranium essential oils help to soothe skin and smells great.
- 6 drops Lavender essential oil (where to buy)
- 4 drops Geranium essential oil (where to buy)
- 2 tbsp organic extra-virgin coconut oil
- 1 tbsp organic beeswax pastilles
- 4 oz glass jar
- Use a double boiler on low heat to melt all ingredients (except essential oils).
- Remove from heat once melted and add essential oils.
- Fill lip balm tins and let cool for a couple of hours to firm up.
Photo credit: DepositPhotos.com / belchonockThis post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure.
Get a copy of my e-book 10 Beauty Hacks from Your Kitchen + my essential oils email course for FREE!
In my email course, you'll learn the basics of essential oils, how to use them, and easy DIY recipes you can make to save money!