I’m a lip balm junkie. I have one in every bathroom, my purse, my gym bag and even in my car.
But I’m picky about my lip balm. I don’t want all the nasty chemicals and preservatives in traditional lip balms. So for years I was buying organic lip balm like Burts Bees and Alba from health food thinking they was my only option. It was costing me a fortune at $2-3 per tube of lip balm.
I have found a better, cheaper way. I can make organic DIY lip balm like my favorite brands at less than 25 cents a tube vs. $2-3 a tube.
Making lip balm is one of the easiest DIY projects I’ve ever taken on. I couldn’t believe how simple it was the first time I did it – yet it’s so flexible.
The base of this recipe is just 4 ingredients: coconut oil, sweet almond oil, essential oils and beeswax. And it’s pretty easy to find organic ingredients for cheap. I like both coconut oil and sweet almond oil because they provide moisture to soothe and moisturize lips. The beeswax is the secret ingredient to firm up this lip balm (similar to a commercial lip balm) so it can be used on the go.
Organic DIY Lip Balm Recipe for Just $0.24 a Tube
- 10 drops Lemon or Lavender essential oil (where to buy)
- 1 tbsp organic almond oil
- 2 tbsp organic extra-virgin coconut oil
- 1.5 tbsp organic, cosmetic-grade beeswax pastilles
- Lip balm tubes
- Use a double boiler on low heat to melt all ingredients (except essential oils).
- Remove from heat once melted and add essential oils.
- Fill lip balm tins and let cool for a couple of hours to firm up.
This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure.
Get a copy of my e-book 10 Beauty Hacks from Your Kitchen + my essential oils email course for FREE!
In my email course, you'll learn the basics of essential oils, how to use them, and easy DIY recipes you can make to save money!