There really aren’t many days where my family cannot spend outdoors and enjoy the sunshine. That’s just one of many reasons we love living in Southern California.
But spending so much time outdoors can mean little annoyances. Rather than rely on outdoor sprays with chemical ingredients that are toxic to my family, I use this DIY Natural Outdoor Spray. It’s made with just a few simple ingredients that are safe and natural – as well as cheaper than store-bought alternatives. Plus, it works great so we don’t have to swat around protecting ourselves. We can just enjoy the outdoors.
I also personally love this DIY Natural Outdoor Spray because it smells amazing. I’ve used it after a long day of hiking, and it helped to protect my entire family naturally while keep odors at bay too.
DIY Natural Outdoor Spray
About the Ingredients
- Purification essential oil is a blend of citronella, lemongrass, lavandin, rosemary, melaleuca and myrtle essential oils. Citronella is very effective in keeping bugs away.
- Peppermint essential oil helps to keep little annoyances in the outdoors at bay.
- Witch hazel helps to keep the water solution in this spray sanitized. You could omit if you plan to use the spray within a week. For use longer than a week, I would add the witch hazel.
- 10 drops of Purification (where to buy)
- 7 drops of Peppermint (where to buy)
- 2 oz natural witch hazel (optional)
- Distilled water
- 4 oz glass spray bottle
- Add witch hazel and essential oils to glass spray bottle.
- Then, fill with the bottle with distilled water.
- Shake well and spray as needed around home.
Photo credit: DepositPhotos.com / MaridavThis post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure.
Sign up to get a FREE copy of my e-book, The Essential Home: Quick Start Guide to DIY - available exclusively to subscribers.
You'll also get weekly updates with the latest DIY tutorials, natural health tips, and real food recipes.