70+ recipes both kids and adults will love + tips on how to avoid processed foods.
I just can’t believe how easy it is to make your own all-natural laundry detergent. It makes me cringe to think how much I used to shell out for natural and organic store-bought laundry detergents. It’s SO simple to make your own.
- 1 bar (4.5 or 5 oz.) of castile soap
- 1 cup of washing soda
- 1/2 cup borax
- 10-15 drops of your favorite essential oils (I love to use lavender or lemon)
Equipment & Tools
- Grate soap bar with a cheese grater.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and mix until it turns into a fine powder.
- Process the small pieces of soap, washing soda and borax together in a food processor or blender until it is well mixed.
- Store the laundry detergent in an airtight glass container.
- Use 1-2 tbsp of detergent per load.
For use with front-loading washers, mix 1-2 tbsp of detergent with a cup of warm water. You might even want to add directly to laundry as opposed to the detergent tray.
For use with top-loading washers, add detergent as usual.
How to Get Started with Essential Oils
First, start with high-quality, therapeutic-grade essential oils. Find out where to buy essential oils HERE.Then, get started using essential oils in your everyday life. Lemon essential oil is a great place to start. You can use it for everything from a refreshing addition to your morning water to disinfecting your dishwasher. Read 20 Everyday Uses for Lemon Essential Oil for more information.
Essential Oils Facebook Group
Join the Don’t Mess with Mama Essential Oils Facebook group for other ideas on how to use essential oils every day. Find natural remedies, DIY beauty recipes, household solutions and much more.
Photo credit: DepositPhotos.com / belchonock
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please see all my disclosures and disclaimers, including Amazon and other affiliate partners.