I just can’t believe how easy it is to make your own all-natural laundry detergent. It makes me cringe to think how much I used to shell out for natural and organic store-bought laundry detergents. It’s SO simple to make your own.
- 1 bar (4.5 or 5 oz.) of castile soap
- 1 cup of washing soda
- 1/2 cup borax
- 10-15 drops of your favorite essential oils (I love to use lavender or lemon)
Equipment & Tools
- Grate soap bar with a cheese grater.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and mix until it turns into a fine powder.
- Process the small pieces of soap, washing soda and borax together in a food processor or blender until it is well mixed.
- Store the laundry detergent in an airtight glass container.
- Use 1-2 tbsp of detergent per load.
For use with front-loading washers, mix 1-2 tbsp of detergent with a cup of warm water. You might even want to add directly to laundry as opposed to the detergent tray.
For use with top-loading washers, add detergent as usual.
Pin It Here
Photo credit: DepositPhotos.com / belchonock
DISCLAIMER: The content on the blog Don’t Mess with Mama is for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as medical advice. I am not a medical professional and the information contained on this blog should not be used to diagnose, treat or prevent any disease or health illness. Please consult with a qualified health care professional before acting on any information presented here. Please see all my disclosures and disclaimers.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.