I just can’t believe how easy it is to make your own all-natural laundry detergent. It makes me cringe to think how much I used to shell out for natural and organic store-bought laundry detergents. It’s SO simple to make your own.
- 1 bar (4.5 or 5 oz.) of castile soap
- 1 cup of washing soda
- 1/2 cup borax
- 10-15 drops of your favorite essential oils (I love to use lavender or lemon)
Equipment & Tools
- Grate soap bar with a cheese grater.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and mix until it turns into a fine powder.
- Process the small pieces of soap, washing soda and borax together in a food processor or blender until it is well mixed.
- Store the laundry detergent in an airtight glass container.
- Use 1-2 tbsp of detergent per load.
For use with front-loading washers, mix 1-2 tbsp of detergent with a cup of warm water. You might even want to add directly to laundry as opposed to the detergent tray.
For use with top-loading washers, add detergent as usual.
Pin It Here
Photo credit: DepositPhotos.com / belchonock
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.
Learn how to cook gluten free foods without artificial ingredients. Check out my book Gluten Free, Real Food Recipes for Kids. It's on sale now for 50% off. Download a free preview.