I just can’t believe how easy it is to make your own all-natural laundry detergent. It makes me cringe to think how much I used to shell out for natural and organic store-bought laundry detergents. It’s SO simple to make your own.
DIY Natural Laundry Detergent
- 1 bar (4.5 or 5 oz.) castile soap
- 1 cup washing soda
- 1/2 cup borax
- 10-15 drops of your favorite essential oils (I love to use Lavender essential oil – where to buy)
- Grate soap bar with a cheese grater.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and mix until it turns into a fine powder.
- Process the small pieces of soap, washing soda and Borax together in a food processor or blender until it is well mixed.
- Store the laundry detergent in an airtight glass container.
- Use 1-2 tbsp of detergent per load.