If you have kids or pets and a home with carpet, chances are you need a carpet freshener. Dirt and odors from shoes, pets, little hands can build up on carpets. But don’t reach for a store-bought carpet freshener, make your own DIY Natural Carpet Freshener with just two simple ingredients. This easy solution will deodorize carpets – making it smell clean and fresh.
DIY Natural Carpet Freshener
About the Ingredients
- Baking soda is a natural deodorizer. When you sprinkle it on carpets, it will help to absorb odors and will be removed when you vacuum.
- Essential oils provide a natural scent and can help to deodorize as well. The blend Purification is made with citronella, rosemary, lemongrass, tea tree, lavandin, and myrtle essential oils – which are very effective in purifying and removing odors for carpets, laundry, etc.
- In a large mixing bowl, add essential oils and entire box of baking soda. Mix well.
- Generously sprinkle baking soda mixture on carpets. Leave on carpets for one hour to allow mixture to absorb odors and naturally clean carpets.
- Use a vacuum to clean up baking soda mixture. Your carpets should smell like lemon and citronella.
This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure.
Sign up to get a FREE copy of my e-book, The Essential Home: Quick Start Guide to DIY - available exclusively to subscribers.
You'll also get weekly updates with the latest DIY tutorials, natural health tips, and real food recipes.