I remember not long ago picking up my favorite bottle of apricot facial scrub from the drugstore. It made my skin feel so smooth. Those little microbeads exfoliated and smoothed my skin.
Little did I know that those microbeads would actually be a huge environmental hazard. You see, those microbeads go down the sink and eventually end up in lakes, rivers and oceans and soak up environmental toxins like DDT and flame retardants. The fish end up eating it, and then it ends up in our food supply when we eat that seafood.
Pretty gross, right?
You can make a facial scrub at home for cheap and with just a couple of ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
DIY Facial Scrub
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1-2 drops Frankincense essential oil (where to buy)
- 1-2 drops Lavender essential oil (where to buy)
- Mix all ingredients and store in a small jar.
- Use 1-2 tsp at a time and add water to make a paste.
- Lightly massage paste onto skin to gently exfoliate the face for a couple of minutes and rinse off.
This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure.
Sign up to get a FREE copy of my e-book, The Essential Home: Quick Start Guide to DIY - available exclusively to subscribers.
You'll also get weekly updates with the latest DIY tutorials, natural health tips, and real food recipes.