This is embarrassing to admit. I used to think high-quality facial cleansers HAD to cost money. I used to shell out $30 for a popular department store brand of facial cleanser for just 6 oz. that would last me 1-2 months. And that’s not all. I’d spend upwards of $100+ per month on a skin regimen of a cleanser, toner and moisturizer thinking my skin would benefit from these expensive products.
My DIY Natural Skin Care Regimen
The best thing about DIY beauty and skin care is the savings. You can make your own high-quality products like department stores, but really affordable prices.
How much I spend each month:
- Homemade natural apple cider toner – $0.50 per month
- DIY facial oil moisturizer – $4 per month
- DIY face wash – $2 per month
Grand total = $6.50 per month for my new skin care regimen (compared to $100+ per month with my old department store brands)
Plus, now I use essential oils (which literally cost pennies per drop) to provide nutrients to improve my skin without the hefty price tag.
DIY Face Wash Recipe
- 3/4 cup cooled organic brewed chamomile tea (or filtered or distilled water)
- 1/4 cup liquid Castile soap
- 1/2 tsp organic sweet almond oil
- 3-4 drops vitamin E oil (optional)
- 8 drops of Frankincense essential oil (where to buy)
- 8 drops of Lavender essential oil(where to buy)
- In a 4 to 6 oz. foaming soap bottle, add Castile liquid soap, sweet almond oil and vitamin E oil.
- Add essential oils as needed.
- Fill with chamomile tea or water to the top of the bottle.
- Shake well and use as needed.
This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure.
Sign up to get a FREE copy of my e-book, The Essential Home: Quick Start Guide to DIY - available exclusively to subscribers.
You'll also get weekly updates with the latest DIY tutorials, natural health tips, and real food recipes.