I love working out on my yoga mat. Whether it’s doing my full Pilates workout or just practicing Downward Dog with the kids, my yoga mat gets used all the time. In fact, sometimes I’ll even roll it out on my tile floor so the kids can practice a few tumbles here and there. And other times it gets rolled up to use as some sort of Medieval jousting device by my kids.
No matter what the use – one thing is for sure: My yoga mat needs constant cleaning. Yep, especially after a hard workout, I find that my yoga mat, well, it stinks. And I can’t stand to use harsh or toxic chemicals on it.
So I came up with a simple Homemade Yoga Mat Cleaning Spray to sanitize and remove odors for good. And I must say, the scent is heavenly. It smells like being on a yoga retreat in the woods.
How to Clean a Yoga Mat Naturally
- 8 oz spray bottle
- 6 drops Melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) essential oil
- 6 drops of Lavender essential oil
- 5 drops of Eucalyptus essential oil
- Add all essential oils to spray bottle. Fill with water.
- Spray yoga mat with homemade cleaner and wipe with a clean towel. Use this spray to sanitize exercise equiment too.
Sign up to get a FREE copy of my e-book, The Essential Home: Quick Start Guide to DIY - available exclusively to subscribers.
You'll also get weekly updates with the latest DIY tutorials, natural health tips, and real food recipes.