Looking for a healthy treat that will satisfy your sweet tooth? These Chocolate Avocado Truffles are deliciously decadent, yet they’re made with simple ingredients to make them Paleo, gluten free and vegan.
They are made with gluten-free, soy-free semi-sweet chocolate chips and fresh avocado. That’s basically it. You can add Peppermint essential oil (how to order), crushed candy canes (I prefer these that don’t have artificial colors), dust with some cocoa powder or coconut flakes, or even sprinkle crushed almonds or walnuts. The possibilities are endless. This Paleo truffles recipes is a great base to start with. All you need is your imagination to customize to your cravings. We just happened to have leftover organic candy canes, and used it to sprinkle on top of this batch.
I like to serve these Chocolate Avocado Truffles at dinner parties, school bake sales, and even just as an after school treat for my kids. I don’t feel guilty about giving them something sweet since they’re getting a healthy dose of avocado – and just a touch semi-sweet chocolate. We eat just about 2 truffles and we’re set for the day.
Try this truffles recipe and let me know how you like it. Like I said, it’s deliciously decadent.
You might also want to try my No-Bake Paleo Chocolate Avocado Pudding recipe – it’s a healthy snack for both kids and adults.
Where to Get Kitchen Pantry Essentials
I get my other baking supplies like baking soda, baking powder, vanilla extract, etc. either on Amazon or my local health food store usually. But then I got a Thrive membership. If you don’t already have one – it’s awesome! It’s like Whole Foods meets Costco. Organic vanilla extract, for instance, is about $5 at my local health food store and $5.30 on Amazon. But it’s only $3.95 (YES!) on Thrive Market. Great deal right? And the raw honey?! Don’t even get me started how much that costs at the health food store. But on Thrive Market it’s just $5.45 for a 10.5 oz jar of raw honey.
Sign up for a Thrive Market membership and get 2 months free and 10% off your first order.
- 2/3 cup ripe avocado
- 16 oz. gluten-free, soy-free semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4-5 drops Peppermint essential oil how to order
- 1 organic candy cane, crushed (optional)
- 1 tbsp organic cocoa powder (optional)
- In a double boiler, heat chocolate chips on low-medium heat until chocolate is melted. Stir continuously.
- Remove from heat and add melted chocolate and avocado to a food processor and pulse until the mixture is smooth.
- Add Peppermint essential oil and pulse for a few seconds.
- Chill mixture in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator. Scoop about 2 tbsp of mixture and roll into balls.
- Place balls on mini cupcake liners and top with crushed candy cane or dust with cocoa powder.
p.s. Looking for tips to transition to a real food or healthy gluten-free lifestyle? Check out my free Real Food Guide email course and e-book.disclosure.