I love this Paleo Trail Mix because it’s full of flavor and wholesome ingredients, yet so easy to make. This is my husband’s favorite paleo snack. He chows down on a 1-quart jar of this mix each week. And he begs me to make more, so I know it’s good. The mister can be a little finicky.
- 2 cups of raw walnuts
- 2 cups of raw almonds
- 1 cup of raw macadamia nuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well to coat maple syrup on dry ingredients.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. This will make clean up so much easier. The maple syrup really sticks to the pan otherwise.
- Spread out mixture on parchment paper. Heat in oven for 15-20 min.
- Let cool and then store in a dry, airtight container.
I think these could be made into bars if you bake them in a 9 x 9 pan. Give a try and let me know how you like them.
For those who want to go raw, you can “cook” this in a dehydrator or in the oven on a low heat. I’m not experienced with raw food (and a little impatient) but this recipe is definitely raw friendly.