Fifty Shades of Grey is clearly becoming this summer’s go-to book. If you haven’t read it yet, you’re definitely missing out. Deep between the covers lays countless stories and acts of BDSM and sex toys, which in turn has got a lot of women venturing out of their comfort zones and into their own Red Room of Pain.
If you, too, have found yourself wanting to act out some of the book, but are unsure of how to break into it or how to get your partner on board, just follow these tips.
- First introduce your husband/partner to the concepts of the book. Rather than hand the book over to him and expect him to read the entire series, talk about some of the scenes that interest you. Is it the sex toys or the idea of giving up more control to your partner that interests you?
- Ease your partner into the idea of taking control with a “surrender date.” It’s a date in where your man choses your outfit, hair/make-up style, restaurant, and even orders for you. The idea is to give your man control so you can experience what it’s like to be Ana.
- If you’re ready to take the next step in giving more control to your partner, try introducing household items such as scarves, ties or soft rope to imitate some of the bondage scenes Christian does with Ana.
- If you’re ready for sex toys, consider going to Adam and Eve, where you can find everything from Ben Wa Balls (the silver balls in Fifty Shades of Grey) to spreader bars to riding crops.
- Finally, be sure to keep open communication with your partner. You don’t need a Fifty Shades contract or even safe words like Christian and Ana – unless you want to, of course, to make it more interesting.
This guest editorial was brought to you by Adam and Eve. But I’m a huge fan to the Fifty Shades trilogy and thought my readers would enjoy this post.