Now that school has officially started, it’s now fall. Even San Diego when fall usually means an extended (or Indian) summer until November, it’s still fall in my mind. So what better time to start breaking out the pumpkin recipes.
The Blender Girl at Healthy Blender Recipes has this amazing vegan pumpkin pie smoothie. I love anything pumpkin and this smoothie tasted just like a pumpkin pie. I used organic cow’s milk instead of soy or rice, as well as honey instead of agave – and it was delicious.
- 1 cup canned or freshly mashed pumpkin
- 1 cupsoy or rice milk (The Blender Girl uses raw cashew milk or macadamia nut milk too)
- 1 fresh or frozen ripe banana
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
- 1/4 cup agave syrup or more to taste
- 1 tsp natural vanilla essence
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of Celtic sea salt
Throw all the ingredients into the blender and puree until smooth and creamy.