You must be living under a rock if you haven’t heard of Fifty Shades of Grey by EL James. The Twilight fan-fiction-inspired story features Bella-like college grad Anastasia Steele and super-rich, super-hot CEO Christian Grey. Basically, James swapped the vampire theme with BDSM.
I admit I had a hard time reading the first few chapters, but once I made it a third of the way through I was hooked. In just a couple of weeks, I’ve already read the whole trilogy (Fifty Shades Darker and Fifty Shades Freed) and have gone back a few times to re-read the first and second books.
Yes, I’m a Greyophile. I love Christian Grey. I’m addicted to the 50 Shades trilogy.
Here are a few signs you’re addicted to 50 Shades of Grey too:
- You start calling your husband “Mr.” – as Ana calls Christian, Mr. Grey. I’ve been doing it a lot with my Mr. lately. Bonus points for using “sir” or “master”.
- You start talking to people about your hard limits – like, “I will not wear pink nail polish. It’s my hard limit.”
- You have a sudden urge to buy your husband a silver grey tie.
- You start buying Bollinger wine. It’s the Greys’ favorite.
- You’re re-thinking your spanking beliefs – and not for the kids.
- Vanilla ice cream has become you’re new favorite flavor.
- You start biting your lip and rolling your eyes hoping your husband will order you to stop.
- You have a new fascination with elevators.
- You start sending inappropriate emails to your husband at work.
- If you attended BlogHer ’12, you’re wondering where you put your Eden Fantasies swag bag and if it came with any silver balls.
If you’re looking for a new book series like 50 Shades of Grey, check out some of my book recommendations. And if you have any to recommend, leave a comment. I need a new Christian Grey.
Join the conversation. Discuss 50 Shades of Grey with other Don’t Mess with Mama readers.
Related Blog Posts
- If You Loved 50 Shades of Grey, You’ll Love These Books
- 50 Shades of Grey: What’s Your Favorite Quote?
- So While You’re Reading 50 Shades of Grey, What Are You Not Doing?
- Wine List, Music and Other Random Fifty Shades of Grey Resources
DISCLAIMER: The content on the blog Don’t Mess with Mama is for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as medical advice. I am not a medical professional and the information contained on this blog should not be used to diagnose, treat or prevent any disease or health illness. Please consult with a qualified health care professional before acting on any information presented here. Please see all my disclosures and disclaimers.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.
Learn how to cook gluten free foods without artificial ingredients. Check out my book Gluten Free, Real Food Recipes for Kids. It's on sale now for 50% off. Download a free preview.