You must be living under a rock if you haven’t heard of Fifty Shades of Grey by EL James. The Twilight fan-fiction-inspired story features Bella-like college grad Anastasia Steele and super-rich, super-hot CEO Christian Grey. Basically, James swapped the vampire theme with BDSM.
I admit I had a hard time reading the first few chapters, but once I made it a third of the way through I was hooked. In just a couple of weeks, I’ve already read the whole trilogy (Fifty Shades Darker and Fifty Shades Freed) and have gone back a few times to re-read the first and second books.
Yes, I’m a Greyophile. I love Christian Grey. I’m addicted to the 50 Shades trilogy.
Here are a few signs you’re addicted to 50 Shades of Grey too:
- You start calling your husband “Mr.” – as Ana calls Christian, Mr. Grey. I’ve been doing it a lot with my Mr. lately. Bonus points for using “sir” or “master”.
- You start talking to people about your hard limits – like, “I will not wear pink nail polish. It’s my hard limit.”
- You have a sudden urge to buy your husband a silver grey tie.
- You start buying Bollinger wine. It’s the Greys’ favorite.
- You’re re-thinking your spanking beliefs – and not for the kids.
- Vanilla ice cream has become you’re new favorite flavor.
- You start biting your lip and rolling your eyes hoping your husband will order you to stop.
- You have a new fascination with elevators.
- You start sending inappropriate emails to your husband at work.
- If you attended BlogHer ’12, you’re wondering where you put your Eden Fantasies swag bag and if it came with any silver balls.
If you’re looking for a new book series like 50 Shades of Grey, check out some of my book recommendations. And if you have any to recommend, leave a comment. I need a new Christian Grey.
Join the conversation. Discuss 50 Shades of Grey with other Don’t Mess with Mama readers.
Related Blog Posts
- If You Loved 50 Shades of Grey, You’ll Love These Books
- 50 Shades of Grey: What’s Your Favorite Quote?
- So While You’re Reading 50 Shades of Grey, What Are You Not Doing?
- Wine List, Music and Other Random Fifty Shades of Grey Resources
DISCLAIMER: The content on the blog Don’t Mess with Mama is for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as medical advice. I am not a medical professional and the information contained on this blog should not be used to diagnose, treat or prevent any disease or health illness. Please consult with a qualified health care professional before acting on any information presented here. Please see all my disclosures and disclaimers.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.