Ten on Tuesday is my top 10 list of parenting, green living, eco travel, healthy recipe tips and favorite links. Got an idea for a Ten on Tuesday list? Let me know.
This week, I have 10 simple Homemade Cleaning Recipes for get your home clean without harsh, toxic chemicals or without artificial ingredients and dyes. Plus, these DIY household cleaners are cheaper and better for your family and the environment. And check out my own recipe for an all-purpose household cleaner that can be used for everything from kitchen countertops to bathroom sinks.
1. How to Make Homemade All-Purpose Cleaner and Spray bottles That Won’t Leach from Mommypotamus.
2. Cleaning Your Toilet Naturally from DIY Natural.
3. Homemade Bleach from Nourishing Joy.
4. Homemade Natural Cleaning Wipes that Disinfect from DIY Natural.
5. Homemade Glass Cleaner from Thank You Body.
6. Homemade Bathtub Scrub from Nourishing Joy.
7. Homemade Laundry Detergent from DIY Natural.
8. How to Make Orange Vinegar (All Purpose Cleaner) from Earth Friendly Goodies.
9. Homemade Dish Detergent without Borax from Thank Your Body.
10. Homemade Dish Soap from DIY Natural.
Looking for Other Eco-Friendly Cleaners for the Home?
Check out Toxic Free: 70 Recipes for a Toxic-Free Home by Robin Konie of Thank Your Body. You’ll find recipes for cleaning all areas of the home – such as detergents, drain cleaners and hand soap – as well as baby and personal care.
Here’s what you’ll find inside Toxic Free: 70 Recipes for a Toxic-Free Home :
- Baby care – baby lotion, wipes and shampoo
- Beauty care – bronzer, eyeliner, make-up remover and more
- Personal care – deodorant, lip balm, toothpaste and more
- Daily cleaning – all-purpose household cleaner, liquid hand soap and more
- Regular cleaning – laundry detergent, toilet bowl cleaner and more
- Power cleaning – effective bleach alternative, drain cleaner and more
Here are just a few of my favorite DIY toxic-free recipes:
3-Ingredient Dish Detergent
I loved this e-book because it was filled with so many easy-to-make recipes that were effective and replaced many of my old standby cleaners (plus, I tossed out my old toxic make-up for non-toxic, homemade versions). Plus, there’s great information on what ingredients you’ll need – such as baking soda and apple cider vinegar – and a detailed section all about essential oils (here’s a great source to buy essential oils online).
Buy It Now
Other 10 on Tuesday Round Ups
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.