Ten on Tuesday is my top 10 list of parenting, green living, eco travel, healthy recipe tips and favorite links. Got an idea for a Ten on Tuesday list? Let me know.
How did July get here so fast? The 4th of July is right around the corner. This is our first gluten-free 4th of July (my husband was diagnosed with a gluten allergy nearly a year ago), and I’m already thinking about all the delicious gluten-free food we’ll be serving up. Here are 10 gluten-free 4th of July recipes to get you started – from homemade BBQ sauce to a coconut cream and berry tart.
And if you’re looking for more recipe ideas, check out my Gluten-Free 4th of July Pinterest board. Be sure to follow me on Pinterest to see all my favorite gluten-free and paleo recipes – and other favorite pins.
1. 3-Ingredient Fruit Flag by Health, Home & Happiness. Kids of all ages will love this fruit kabob. It’s simple, yet nutritious and fun.
2. Star-Spangled Coconut Cream Tart (also paleo and dairy-free) by Real Food Forager. This grain-free tart looks scrumptious!
3. Homemade Garlic Dill Pickles by Tasty Yummies. Top that burger with a homemade pickle – it’s natural and good for you – without the additives and excess salt from store-bought pickles.
4. Paleo Bacon Cheeseburgers by Clean Eats in the Zoo. I could probably convince my husband to do anything for a bite of these bacon cheeseburgers.
5. Jalapeno Chickpea Lentil Burgers with Sweet Mango Avocado Pico by Ambitious Kitchen. Here’s a vegan burger recipe that will knock your socks off with the combination of sweet and spicy. This is MY kind of burger.
6. The Best Homemade Healthy BBQ Sauce (paleo too) by Primally Inspired.
7. Gluten-Free Mac N’ Cheese by Meal and a Spiel. This looks downright decadent. I bet you’ll never even miss regular, gluten pasta.
8. Cauliflower “Mac N’ Cheese” (vegan) by Fooduciary. What a great way to get the family to eat more vegetables – disguise it as a mac n’ cheese dish. Genius!
9. Horseradish Potato Salad Bliss by Gluten Free Goddess. I love potato salads – and this one is gluten free with a kick.
10. Bacon-Wrapped Caramelized Sesame Asparagus by How Sweet It Is. There. Are. No. Words. Wow!
Image credits: Health, Home & Happiness; Real Food Forager; Tasty Yummies; Clean Eats in the Zoo; Ambitious Kitchen; Primally Inspired, Meal and a Spiel; Gluten Free Goddess; and How Sweet It Is.
Other Ten On Tuesday Posts
DISCLAIMER: The content on the blog Don’t Mess with Mama is for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as medical advice. I am not a medical professional and the information contained on this blog should not be used to diagnose, treat or prevent any disease or health illness. Please consult with a qualified health care professional before acting on any information presented here. Please see all my disclosures and disclaimers.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.
Learn how to cook gluten free foods without artificial ingredients. Check out my book Gluten Free, Real Food Recipes for Kids. It's on sale now for 50% off. Download a free preview.